Okay whenever I accidentally press hide whenever I'm using like let's say pinstack and I'm ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

"hidden" stuff..

Advertisement

Okay whenever I accidentally press hide whenever I'm using like let's say pinstack and I'm viewing a post and instead of pressing menu close I end up accidentally pressing hide which is right on top of close. So I'm wondering.. Where is it hidden to and are all those applications still running somewhere within my bb? And also where do I go to view and or clear my clipboard? Thanks!

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Re: "hidden" stuff..

It hard to find any documentation on "Hide" without digging deep. It's similar to "Close" on the menu. A bit of an explanation here: http://www.blackberry.com/developers...20OTC-devapr15

I have no idea where it goes. If you press ALT and ESC at the same time, you can see on the ribbon that appears all of the apps that currently running. Home, Browser, Mail, and Phone always will show, even if you close them.

I don't know if you can view the clipboard, but you can clear it by going to Options>Security Options>General Settings and enabling Content Protection. You can then see "Memory Cleaning" on the menu when you first open Security Options. When you select it, you have the option of displaying an icon on your home screen. It clears the clipboard and some other things as well. You can even set it to clean your memory when you holster the BB (does anyone really holster their BB anymore? ).

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

I think Hide keeps Browser open, and on the same web page, same as pressing the red Hang Up button. And if you use Hide in other apps, it does similar things, keeps the app on the same page\menu\whatever.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

ALT + Escape will show you everything that is running.

freakinprince no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    ALT + Escape will show you everything that is running.

what is ESCAPE?!! cause i press alt + enter i get lanuage....so where is escape...i rmember i saw someone said back...what what is back "del" is doing nothing for me....

i wanna see what's running in the background

chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB

Try alt+ the back key. The backwards arrow located directly to the rite of the pearl button. That will show you your apps open.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    24646FEB

PIN/ID
    24646FEB

Be sure 2 hold down the alt key and keep hold of it while doing this...

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30
    Quote Originally Posted by dtx
    I think Hide keeps Browser open, and on the same web page, same as pressing the red Hang Up button. And if you use Hide in other apps, it does similar things, keeps the app on the same page\menu\whatever.
    But how do I access that same page again? Cause by pressing hide it "closes" it but when I use the same application again it starts over and that page I "hid" is nowhere to be found! It just annoys me to not where my "hidden" stuff are and why is there even a hide option? Closing is much more reassuring.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Escape is to the right of the trackball.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

what the hide option does is pretty much minimize the program you're running. just like a computer you have 5 windows open and you hit minimize to one of them. You still have 5 windows opened ones just chilling in the b ackground. if you hit alt the "up/down" arrow and the the back/cancel button it's like opening a task manager you can reopen the window. Or you can just go to that app and open it up and it will continue it where you left off