Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ It is a security thing. That's why its only available when you ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Hidden Memory Cleaner

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It is a security thing. That's why its only available when you enable your password.

Wicked Pearl no está en línea Stack level 3

ok i give up this crap aint working . i cant get no memory cleaner on my os or something . i have done everything posted .

i went to options>security options>enable compression and i dont get a option to enter a password . i click save and nothin happens ugh i hate when things dont work ..... .its sooooo frustrating !

ok im done venting .. oh wait on more thing ATT you suck for blocking aim and making me have to download a 3rd party app!!!!!!! haha ok now im done !
    Robert
    Sprint Rep

DaddyFizzle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    28A34994

After you enable compression...go back to your home screen then go back to security>options...you will then see Memory Cleaner.

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Pearl
    ok i give up this crap aint working . i cant get no memory cleaner on my os or something . i have done everything posted .

i went to options>security options>enable compression and i dont get a option to enter a password . i click save and nothin happens ugh i hate when things dont work ..... .its sooooo frustrating !

ok im done venting .. oh wait on more thing ATT you suck for blocking aim and making me have to download a 3rd party app!!!!!!! haha ok now im done !
    I believe it's enable content protection not compression, or is it both....now I'm confused.

braveandcrazy no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Pearl

I had the same problem as you. I think the instructions are missing the step to set content protection to "enabled". That is what got it working for me.

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

if the 8300 users are still trying to get this to work you can stop. I had this option on the 8800 and when i went to read into how to get it going on the 8300 i discovered that the os did not include a memory cleaner as described. I believe it can be added but im still not sure where it cna be obtained from

Wicked Pearl no está en línea Stack level 3

I dont know what i did but i got it to work !!!!! yay me and yay you all for your help haha thanks
    Robert
    Sprint Rep

fstbusa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3054210e

got it to work on mine. I had to set both options to disable and do a reset and then re-enable them like the tutorial says and worked fine.

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

Great find. That was quite easy. Thanks!
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I apologize for mis information. It will work on the 8300. Thanks for the update
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

this needs to be sticky.
    BB8900 is mine!

theriddler2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EADE14

cool.
    I don't know what I said, but I know what I think,
    and, well, I assume it's what I said.

Jaspreet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E77069

This hidden memory cleaner option only works for 8800 and other blackberry models i think so...not for pearl 8100...i even tried it on my own BB but nthing happened...this article is posted on blackbery uae website and the screenshots shows model bein used is 8800

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

A word of warning about enabling Content Protection.

It not only slows down the device - data must be unencrypted every time you try to access it as documented here, but an associate did it to his BlackBerry (8700) with a significant amount of data (ringtones!) and it took over six HOURS for the device to wipe! RIM documents the fact that a wipe will take longer here, but they say an hour - maybe with no data on the device!

There is no need for the average person to enable Content Protection.

Incidentally, Content Protection has been available since at least the 7100 was introduced, and there is documentation relating to Content Protection going back as far as OS 3.8.
    JerryD

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    A word of warning about enabling Content Protection.

It not only slows down the device - data must be unencrypted every time you try to access it as documented here, but an associate did it to his BlackBerry (8700) with a significant amount of data (ringtones!) and it took over six HOURS for the device to wipe! RIM documents the fact that a wipe will take longer here, but they say an hour - maybe with no data on the device!

There is no need for the average person to enable Content Protection.

Incidentally, Content Protection has been available since at least the 7100 was introduced, and there is documentation relating to Content Protection going back as far as OS 3.8.
    you rock jd!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast