Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do you get AIM on 8100..? I manage to go around this forum and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tinnguyen123 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Hi, please help a noob out with AIM..

Advertisement

How do you get AIM on 8100..? I manage to go around this forum and on google to download:

Ramble
    AIM from blackberry.com/aim but i need to activate (it also stated that my phone does not suport?)
    T-mobile IM power by OZ...

yeh.. none of it work

I DID set my setting to wap.voicestream.com

i dont have Internet plan on my T-mobile... is that why i can't access my Buddy list and stuff..?

i have T-mobile as my carrier..

1st post please don't yell at me if i did something wrong..
    Last edited by tinnguyen123; 03-20-2008 at 01:02 AM.

usmcangel no está en línea Stack level 2
    yes you have to have a internet plan. tmobile has plans for blackberrys starting at 19.99 for unlimited data package/internet/im. i have that one on mine from tmobile.
    Stasha

but i have free texting.. wth.. so ripp off!! i only got free texting for aim.. -_- ugh...

so now i need to get internet+free texting.. for my blackberry.. -_-

internet goes off data. texting is sms. so yes you have to get 2 different packages. one thing i found with tmobile. for unlimited messages (pictures, sms) i got the unlimited my favs text bundle. it's cheaper and you can still do unlimited text to everyone.
    my bill is usually about 70.00 wtih my phone, data, text, and any extras i have for the month. hth
    Stasha

we have a family plan though.. :/ aww man shoulda get the epison thing.. i cant trade my blackberry back either...

no offense but without internet + unlimited texting so not a big fan of black berry anymore..

the dam biatch tricked me and said i can use AIM on blackberry and it doesnt even come with it..

+sony epison i can save a couple of buck >.< but w/e!! im still cool cuz im the only one who have BB
    Last edited by tinnguyen123; 03-20-2008 at 01:29 AM.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~maybe I'm wrong then. I know the oz mesanger uses text but I think you still need internet

can someone else help..? or confirm wtu usmcangel says..?

thank you btw..

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tinnguyen123 View Post
    can someone else help..? or confirm wtu usmcangel says..?

thank you btw..
    ok, i will!...

NO, you don't need a data plan to use any of the messengers on your phone.

it counts as an sms message....i can confirm this because i too have a pearl without a data plan and am able to log in to any messenger and find my buddylist and send messeges back and forth.

i pay 5 bucks for 400 messages which i never go over.

Why you DON'T have AIM is puzzling because mine came with it. if you click on the IM icon on your home screen you should have a selection of messengers to log in to, including AIM. if you don't, try pluging it into your desktop manager and using the app. loader; it's possible that you might have to enable it...if not, check for the latest upgrades on the tmobile site.

p.s.

i am also a t-mobile customer.

freshapple no está en línea Stack level 1

Cough it up!

Why would you be so cheap as to get a Blackberry without an internet plan? Cough it up and spend the bucks... you'll be happy you did.

That's like buying a car but not wanting to spend the extra money for wheels or tires.

You have a great phone, but can't "drive" it anywhere... what a waste!

You should maybe think about getting a Moto RAZR, the the Toyota Camry of cell phones... everybody has one.

kofman13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA075C
    Quote Originally Posted by freshapple View Post
    Why would you be so cheap as to get a Blackberry without an internet plan? Cough it up and spend the bucks... you'll be happy you did.

That's like buying a car but not wanting to spend the extra money for wheels or tires.

You have a great phone, but can't "drive" it anywhere... what a waste!

You should maybe think about getting a Moto RAZR, the the Toyota Camry of cell phones... everybody has one.
    Yeah you are right man. I also had a pearl for a while with no data plan and was cheap about it, but its so worth it!! Having a bb without data is like having a Bentley with no gas in the tank, can't drive it anywhere

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    it's not about being cheap, it's about how necessary is it for YOU? if you have internet access at home and work why would you need it on your phone?...not to mention if you so happen to not get a signal at your workplace than you're essentially throwing away you're money which could come in handy for other and much more useful things, like buying gas.

ChibiPanda no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F3A96F
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    it's not about being cheap, it's about how necessary is it for YOU? if you have internet access at home and work why would you need it on your phone?...not to mention if you so happen to not get a signal at your workplace than you're essentially throwing away you're money which could come in handy for other and much more useful things, like buying gas.
    But then again.. Why would you end up buying a Blackberry with so many features and not use them? When buying something like a cell phone, you should keep in mind what you plan on using it primarily for.
    I'm lonely. Drop me a PIN anytime!!

TheMercuryMan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ADA6AB
    My phone did not have the im app till I got the unlimited BB then an icon popped up to download it you may have to get the unlim BB for a day download the app then turn it back off and it should still be there and it uses sms not data. Why they make you have a data plan to get it we will never know
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

xomargiemariexo no está en línea Stack level 1

Frustrating...

I was frustrated too to find out I have to have the internet/data package on my T-Mobile plan, since I have had many phones without internet, and could still use AIM. However, I have had my Pearl for 2 months, and finally decided to invest in the internet plan, and it is WELL worth it. You can do SO much more. Now I realize why all my friends told me it was rediclulous to have BB w/o internet! I def recommend it! You won't be disappointed!

TroyL65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241D7FF7
    I had to download the OZ software so try to install it using desktop manager and then getting on it. I am sure you don't need data plan because they count as text messages. So be sure you have high text message plan.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast