Hi guys I've just got a blackberry pearl of ebay, first BB and im enjoying ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ValiD no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi - New user, few queries

Advertisement

Hi guys

I've just got a blackberry pearl of ebay, first BB and im enjoying it so far.

just a few queries at the moment,m i dont know if they've been asked by someone else in the past.

1. When i recieve a txt msg the senders number comes up as +44*** and phone cal is 07***, the problem i have with this is when i have someone saved in my address book as 077 it doesnt come up with there name when i recieve a txt message and vice versa with calls. Im having to type everyone's number in twice at the moment, which is getting annoying.

2. The only other thing is that my computer finds my BB as a mass storage device when i connect using USB but i cant find my device when i try to use desktop manager??

Any help with these problems would be appreciated, and im sure you'll be seeing alot of me on these forums.

Regards

ValiD

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Hi - New user, few queries

Not sure about the first problem. Make sure you have the country code set correctly - go into the Phone (hit the Green Call button) then hit the Menu Button and select Options. Scroll down to Smart Dialing and hit [Enter] and set your country code. Hit the [Alt] button to display the list of country codes.

For the second problem, go to ( Settings/Tools --> ) Options --> Media Card and set Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected to Prompt or No. Desktop Manager can't see the SD card if the BlackBerry connects in Mass Storage Mode.
    JerryD

discoagogo no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Hi - New user, few queries

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    Not sure about the first problem. Make sure you have the country code set correctly - go into the Phone (hit the Green Call button) then hit the Menu Button and select Options. Scroll down to Smart Dialing and hit [Enter] and set your country code. Hit the [Alt] button to display the list of country codes.
    Thanks for this, I'd been having this problem too, but this worked a treat.

Looony no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Hi - New user, few queries

PLEASE PLEASE STICKY THIS THREAD!!

I was stuck for 3 hours before I found this. It can help A LOT of people in the UK etc.

P.S. I'm on O2 in the UK and this saved me!!

S T I C K Y ! ! !