just got my black pearl today the rep told me all the kick *** **** ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nogata no está en línea Stack level 1

Question hey noobie here

Advertisement

just got my black pearl today the rep told me all the kick *** **** on this forum so i came here what iam looking for is some ideas what i can do to the phone to make it kool. the main things iam looking for are.

1. how to make my voice command system work with eveything on the phone not just dialing i want it to write messages also i want to beable to use it with my media player
    2. how to stream music from my computer to the phone heard i could do that.

thank you in advanced to all of you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    The need of the many are out weighed by the need of the nogata.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: hey noobie here

Nogata, welcome to the Stacks, you came to the right place to learn more about your new addiction--I mean, phone.

There is a way to do voice command stuff for documents, IIRC, but it requires a separate app, I think. Someone else will hopefully be along behind me with better info.

As far as transferring music files to your phone, there are a couple of things. First, if you don't have a Micro SD data card, we strongly suggest you get one before you start transferring music files to your phone. The reason for this is that the music will fill up your phone's internal memory faster, which can cause problems with losing message and call logs, among other things.

Assuming that you already have a Micro SD data card, you can transfer the files either with the Media Manager program in Desktop Manager, or when you connect your phone to your PC, select "Yes" when prompted to put the phone into Mass Storage mode. This will make the phone appear as an external drive to your computer, and you can transfer the files that way.

Hope that helps, and glad you're here.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~welcome!

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionCSR
    Hello, and Welcome to the Stacks

For more control over the voice command functions check out this app:
    http://mobilevoicecontrol.com/Pearl_index.aspx
    That app looks sweet, although I wish it wasn't subscription based though.

nogata no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    Nogata, welcome to the Stacks, you came to the right place to learn more about your new addiction--I mean, phone.

There is a way to do voice command stuff for documents, IIRC, but it requires a separate app, I think. Someone else will hopefully be along behind me with better info.

As far as transferring music files to your phone, there are a couple of things. First, if you don't have a Micro SD data card, we strongly suggest you get one before you start transferring music files to your phone. The reason for this is that the music will fill up your phone's internal memory faster, which can cause problems with losing message and call logs, among other things.

Assuming that you already have a Micro SD data card, you can transfer the files either with the Media Manager program in Desktop Manager, or when you connect your phone to your PC, select "Yes" when prompted to put the phone into Mass Storage mode. This will make the phone appear as an external drive to your computer, and you can transfer the files that way.

Hope that helps, and glad you're here.
    no man what i am lookin for is to stream music form my com to my phone cause i used to run a radio station iam a bangin dj but i was told that i could stream music from com to phone over my internet on my phone so if any peeps here know how to do that i would love to know.

btw thanks to the guy who gave me the link to get the voice command enchancer it kicks *** i bought it for both of my black perals.

Quote Originally Posted by delacruzin05
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~welcome!
    thnaks man.
    Last edited by nogata; 08-16-2007 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Automerged.

fjl1977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E0A975

Hmm. I don't know that you can wirelessly stream music from your PC to your BB pearl.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

klubhead no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that voice program is sick.. Very niiice

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

As far as streaming music from your comp to your Pearl, I don't know of any apps that let you do that. There are some Streamers that you can DL that will do internet radio. Don't know if thats quite what you are looking for.

Here is one of the threads with a link to the program.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.