yeahh, i was just putting up a new post on my calendar when suddenly i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jimx2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Helpp!!!! My Track Ball Is Broken/stuck

Advertisement

yeahh, i was just putting up a new post on my calendar when suddenly i couldnt' go to the left
    i exited to the menu list and i wasnt able to scroll to the left at all i could scroll up, down, and to the right, but not the left, any idea?
    jimx2

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Helpp!!!! My Track Ball Is Broken/stuck

Try a battery pull, if that don't work, there is a Step by Step on how to take apart the trackball assembly and clean it...GOOD LUCK!!

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Hi Jimx, there are a couple things you can do, more if you are out of warranty. THe First one is oc course a battery pull, there is limited help with this,. the Most likly thing is to push the Mute button on hte top till the phone goes into standby, press the track ball in firmly and scrool in all directions for 10 to 15 seconds then tack it out of standby, If this fails and the phone is under warranty. Makes sure you have the latest SW on the phone. as most carriers will look for this prior to filing a warranty. If you are out of warrnty the track ball can be removed and cleaned, or replaced.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Don't worry about the cleaning part. The first time I did it i was so worried I was gonna screw something up But I followed all the directions in the posts here and it was a breeze, you may have lint or something stuck in there that you can't see.
    When I first took mine apart and cleaned it, I was like GROSS!!
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

You might want to try a q-tip with rubbing alcohol on it first, and/or a can of compressed air to knock any foreign body loose. If that doesn't work, then yes, try the step by step walkthrough.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

jimx2 no está en línea Stack level 1

yesss i fixed my pearl, i think there was something stuck anywaysss thanks you very much

so do i close this thread or something?
    jimx2