Hey Guys, I was wondering if anyone can assist me in loading either themes or ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lalves no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Helping Loading software

Advertisement

Hey Guys, I was wondering if anyone can assist me in loading either themes or software i download from the internet onto my 8100. I open the desktop manager and application loader but still I cant seem to get it onto the phone. Can anyone help? Thanks

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Helping Loading software

Welcome to the Stacks Lalves. What type of files are they? Are they .jar or .jad or are they .alx or .cod?

jenga1083 no está en línea Stack level 2

depending what types of files they are.... some have to be downloaded and installed onto your blackberry (OTA). Other files need to be downloaded to the Desktop Manager and then uploaded there.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

if they are .jar or .jad files, then they have to be installed OTA (downloaded and installed using your bb browser)

if they're .alx open your DM Software, connect your device via USB and go to Application Loader. Follow the steps and then locate the .alx file. It will then install the theme and put it in your themes place (Options/Themes)

Let us know if u have any other q's.

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

with over the air (ota) theme downloads make sure you do a battery pull after you have successfully downloaded the new theme and then it'll be available in your theme area.

hydorush no está en línea Stack level 1

i tried that , i used pocket mac and loaded installed the alx file and it still doesnt show up in themes... im not sure waht else to do

sarbin no está en línea Stack level 3

Some folks report needing a battery pull for newly loaded themes to show up in Options... Themes...
    Try it and see if that works.

nope, still no luck ,still not working

PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

I might be able to help if u explain your self a little more. I see that u downloaded themes on your PC and now using your DM Software trying to upload em to your phone is that correct? But on what point do u get stock or lost? R u going through the whole uploading process and then u dont see it on there, or u're having problems with uploading it. Plz be a little more specific.

im using pocketmac. I use the install software link under utilities and select the alx file for the theme i want.. it says everything went fine but when i check the themes folder even after a battery pull it still doesn't show.. im not sure what i haven;t done to get it to work

thanks

sarbin no está en línea Stack level 3

If you go to Options... Adavanced Options... Applications... do you see the theme listed there? While you're at it, how much free file memory do you have? Options... Status...

PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Ahhh man, I aint so good with macs, sorry. I know this wont make u any happier but I do know alot of ppl that had this same issue with pocketmac. So cant help much, but atleast u know u're not alone lol. Hope u figure it out