THis I'm sure has been covered but need some quick help. I'm traveling from the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

BerryRider no está en línea Stack level 1

Help with Time Zone changes

Advertisement

THis I'm sure has been covered but need some quick help. I'm traveling from the US to China. In the past when I've changed the time, all my appointments change as well, making the calendar a complete mess. i.e., instead of keeping a noon appt in HK at noon, it moves it to midnight when I change the clock. How do I avoid this??? Many thanks in advance.

BerryRider no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Help with Time Zone changes

This is what I found so far...anyone care to comment or update?

Re: Auto time change when in different time zone...

No, I haven't seen any BB that automatically changes Timezones. You need to change it Manually. And Change the Timezone, not the time, That way all your appointments will update correctly and you won't miss appointments, if they are correctly entered.

Rcbjr.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

welcome berryrider,
    looks like that's the key. you need to changs the timezone, not the time on your BB
    hope this helps
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

Er....have you folks actually tried this? I never just change the time, only the timezone and it messes it up completely like berryrider. I just recently switched between Hawaii and Central and everything is a mess.

How I've been avoiding it so far is that I change it to Hawaii time zone when I enter an event that I will be in Hawaii, then switch it to Central when I predict I will be there. It isn't that bad, but can get confusing if you're not organized. I wish they have a way to fix this! I'm using Rogers .94

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Are you guys setting your calendar items for your timezone?

If you have an appointment you are entering for Hawaii, use the Hawaii Timezone. You can change this per appointment as you create each item. Then when your plane lands and you change the time zone on your phone everything will be in its corect spot for the time zone it is relevant to.

Cheers!

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

Ah! I didn't see that! Awesome to know! Thanks much.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~