Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have a Pearl 8100 and the themes have stopped working. I have downloaded a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Freckles951 no está en línea Stack level 2

Help with Themes

Advertisement

I have a Pearl 8100 and the themes have stopped working. I have downloaded a couple and only 4 of them are working. In applications I can see that they are all there and all of the permissions are all on "Allow" but they aren't showing up under "Themes." I have restarted my phone and taken out the battery more times than I can count but nothing seems to work. Does anyone know what's wrong or how I can fix it?

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    first,
    WELCOME TO PINSTACK!!

what OS are you running on your pearl?
    it may be that the themes you are trying to use will not work with your OS

what OS are the themes made for? they will usually say
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 01-10-2009 at 02:00 PM.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    have you recently upgraded your phone or deleted some stock themes your phone came with? If you've deleted some of the themes your phone came with this sort of problem is common as these custom themes made for your phone rely on their settings. You've mentioned that they used to work before, correct? Open Desktop Manager and see what boxes are unchecked perhaps the themes are there but just not showing up because the boxes are not checked. Could be a glitch though I'm thinking they're not compatible with your device. Make sure that those themes are compatible with your OS...don't know how to check what OS you're currently using go to option advanced and about...it should tell you what OS you're running or you could simply press alt/shift/h and it'll display it.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

good call raton I totally forgot about the deletion of stock themes
    he is right you need the stock today dimension and zen themes for custom themes to work properly
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    good call raton I totally forgot about the deletion of stock themes
    he is right you need the stock today dimension and zen themes for custom themes to work properly
    I can't seem to find my keys

I still have all the themes the phone came with and I have platform 2.2.0.41. I have never updated it either. They are all themes that I have downloaded OTA too. The only thing that I have ever used my desktop manager for is music. I feel really stupid... But thanks for the help. I will look at my desktop manager and see if that is the problem.

All of the boxes are checked. I know for a fact that 2 out of three say specifically for v4.2 and I have v4.2.0.71. If I update my version, will they work?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    All of the newer themes can only be exported to 4.2.1 so you will have to upgrade. Just a guess but I'm normally right

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    The only thing I can think of is that the themes made for your device have to be compatible with the themes you've downloaded. Sometimes theme developers may export these themes for people running 4.2.1 or 4.2.2 which is a problem because users sometimes cannot run them properly. If you want you can upgrade your phone to the new OS which is 4.5. I believe it's already available for the pearl .

Follow Cherrichiodo's advice.
    She knows best. Good luck!
    Last edited by raton; 01-10-2009 at 04:30 PM.

My concern about upgrading is that it might mess up some of the things I already have like ColorPearl. I am afraid that it will practically shut down my phone.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Not if you do it properly. What is your service provider? color pearl will definitely be gone but there's another program you can download called Blingball

When upgrading your device please do not unplug it during its course or it'll definitely cripple your phone but can be fixed. Keep this in mind though not to unplug your phone from your pc when upgrading ...it's a must.

Once you've upgraded your pearl you will never wanna go back to 4.2. Besides there are far too many themes out there for 4.5 you're missing out on.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    You're stuck Freckles! Not wanting to upgrade cause may lose a prog or two, and if you don't upgrade you won't be able to use those themes you like. Let us know how this turns out, and if you need any further help

if done carefully and cautiously upgrading your OS is an EASY task (although, it may take 30-45minutes. just be patient that is the key to an OS upgrade) you just need to make sure that you have backups that work...
    let us know if you want help doing this.

there is a newer version of color pearl that works with OS 4. so no worries there.
    colorpearl (Or blingball as this app is called) 4.5 link: http://www.troybrownpc.com/blingball.jad

This is stressful. Where is the best place to download 4.5 from?

you can go here:
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp
    for a list of OS's
    remember it does not matter what provider you choose, what matters is that it's for your device model.

i.e.: OS 4.5 from suncom will work for a sprint phone.
    OS 4.5 for the 8100 will not work on the 8110

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast