Hi ya'll! I'm really new to the BBs, and was looking on this site, thought ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

thewoodsterx3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Help with Themes

Advertisement

Hi ya'll! I'm really new to the BBs, and was looking on this site, thought 'Oh! New Themes! Cool!' I've saved them, unzipped 'em, i read everything and I can't not figure out why I can't put themes on my BB. I know i have my latest software of my company's OS (4.3) but I still don't know what to do! If ya'll could help me, i would really apperciate it! Thanks!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    If u used the zip files on the pc u just need to use desktop manager to install them on your bb. Make sure you know where you unzipped the files to point DM in the right direction.
    Just use the application loader option. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by thewoodsterx3 View Post
    Hi ya'll! I'm really new to the BBs, and was looking on this site, thought 'Oh! New Themes! Cool!' I've saved them, unzipped 'em, i read everything and I can't not figure out why I can't put themes on my BB. I know i have my latest software of my company's OS (4.3) but I still don't know what to do! If ya'll could help me, i would really apperciate it! Thanks!
    you said you have the latest OS, but did you also mean installed on your PC? if not, you HAVE to have the OS installed on your PC in addition to the DM.

are you getting an error when trying to load them?

KMAC14 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    you said you have the latest OS, but did you also mean installed on your PC? if not, you HAVE to have the OS installed on your PC in addition to the DM.

are you getting an error when trying to load them?
    what do you mean by the latest OS installed on the PC? Do you mean the BB desktop manager software? If so I have the latest available on the website but im still having the same problem as the original poster. That and I cant find any decent themes for the 8130

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    You need to go to the OS thread and dl whatever OS you have on your phone to your pc. Then you should be able ton install the theme through DM. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    kmac, you need the OS installed on your PC in addition to DM. it is what 'tells' DM what applications are compatible with your device when its plugged into the usb cable.

this blog post will have the latest OS available, or you can log into your carrier's website to download 'their' version.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=86

nicholswater no está en línea Stack level 1
    I may sound stupid but what is the OS and how do you install it to the pc i too am having the same problem