So synchronized my bb and it completely screwed every thing up. every time i try ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ed55 no está en línea Stack level 1

help with synchronization please!

Advertisement

So synchronized my bb and it completely screwed every thing up. every time i try to open up my any of my media such as ring tones, pictures it brings up the message: Unable to display file Device Memory/home/userpictures/a.jpg. Also some of my icons have gone away such as my Browser icon so i cant go on the internet. And the links that do use the internet and when i select them it brings up the message: Error starting YahooGo:module'net_rim_ecmascript' not found. I have no clue what to do. Does anyone have any ideas or know how to fix this?

mjohansing no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You could try to wipe the handheld, that should "reset" everything

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    well don't wipe it out in case you have things you'd like to keep.

just restore it to a point before you screwed your phone up...lol
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed55 View Post
    So synchronized my bb and it completely screwed every thing up. every time i try to open up my any of my media such as ring tones, pictures it brings up the message: Unable to display file Device Memory/home/userpictures/a.jpg. Also some of my icons have gone away such as my Browser icon so i cant go on the internet. And the links that do use the internet and when i select them it brings up the message: Error starting YahooGo:module'net_rim_ecmascript' not found. I have no clue what to do. Does anyone have any ideas or know how to fix this?
    This is an old recognized problem with some Pearls and the Desktop manager from the CD Rom provided.

The only thing you need to do is to download a new copy of the Desktop manager and the latest device software package from your carriers download site and install them on our PC, in that order, then Connect your BB to your PC and open the Desktop Manager. It should then offer an update to replace the missing modules.

You can find both software packages by following the link for your carrier in this thread, BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites.

It is NOT necessary to wipe your BB as suggested by some above.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

psumaterialsguy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yeah I had the same problem, then downloaded the new DM software and then was good to go.

Ed55 no está en línea Stack level 1
    thank you all.