I have downloaded some ringtones to my windows media player and now i need help ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

barberd03 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help with ringtones

Advertisement

I have downloaded some ringtones to my windows media player and now i need help downloading them to my phone. How do i get them from my media player to my blackberry pearl using the desktop manager. I open up the desktop manager but do not know how to find my songs in the media manager. If someone can give a step by step i would appreciate it.

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

Re: Help with ringtones

Ok do you know the download directory of the ringtones? Where/what folder did you download the ringtones to? Give me the exact directory and I can give you step by step directions.

As long as you know where you downloaded your ringtones, it should be fairly easy.
    Last edited by takadante; 10-31-2007 at 02:31 AM.

i downloaded them to my media player and saved them to a playlist. where can i find the directory at.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Should be in your Windows Media folder on the C:\ drive.
    /~*brooke

i couldnt find them in my media folder

what would be the easiest way to download ringtones to my phone when im using the desktop manager

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

just when you download them download them to a spot where you know where they are like your documents or on your desktop then when you open dm and then media manger on the left side select where the music/ringtones click on the file and then click the arrow to put in to phone but make sure you open the folder on your bb where you want the ringtone/music so you know where it is on the phone. and rember with out a media card in your phone i belive you can only transfer like 2.5 mg(+or-) files at one time. hope this helps

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by iron07 View Post
    just when you download them download them to a spot where you know where they are like your documents or on your desktop then when you open dm and then media manger on the left side select where the music/ringtones click on the file and then click the arrow to put in to phone but make sure you open the folder on your bb where you want the ringtone/music so you know where it is on the phone. and rember with out a media card in your phone i belive you can only transfer like 2.5 mg(+or-) files at one time. hope this helps
    X2. The reason we're not as helpful as we could be is that we don't know and couldn't know where you put the ringtone files on your PC. Go into your Windows Media Player and find one of the playlists. Right click on one of the ringtones and choose "properties" or "show file location". This will tell you where they are on your PC.

Once you do that, you can go into Media Manager and transfer them to your phone. Open media manager, find the folder location with the ringtones, and select them to move them over.

Alternatively, you can sync your phone to your PC and choose "Yes" to "Turn on Mass Storage" when your phone prompts you. This will allow your PC to see it as an external hard drive. You can then copy the ringtones to your "ringtone" folder.

Its best to do this with a media card in your phone. If you fill your phone up with a bunch of ringtones, you'll have less room to store email/text messages and applications for your phone. This will lead to the "mystery call log/message log wipe" syndrome.

Good luck, and welcome to the Stacks.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.