Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is perfect the exact thread I needed. I am in the same boat as ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shayne63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20E0D453

Re: help with putting video on pearl

Advertisement

This is perfect the exact thread I needed. I am in the same boat as berrygurl. Ive had mine since momma day. So my ? Is after I go home and do every thing that this thread shows how well where the heck do I find movies to even put on my pearl?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Cricketshay no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2404019F

Quote Originally Posted by berrygurl1
    thank you thank you so much. One more quick question, what if wanted to put a dvd movie on there. Do i download all the folders in the dvd or just some of them? how does that work?
    You don't have to download all the files on the DVD, just the ones containing the actual movie. Usually, it's VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB, and/or VTS_01_4.VOB. I found if I look at the sizes of the files I can tell which one is the actual movie and which are just menus or previews. My rule has been the biggest file is the movie. I can't say that is always the case, but it's worked for me so far.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions you can email me at cricketshay at gmail dot com. I'll try to answer.

I spent the first month I had my Blackberry learning how to shrink movies to download to my memory card. This forum was a great help!
    PIN: 2404019F

ChefScott no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212c6ad0

You can get them by using torrents. These are peer to peer files. You can google for them and down load, they are in a zip file normally. You need to get a torrent program that will connect with the Peers. I use uTorrent.

I also use this site for finding torrents
    The PirateBay
    Have fun!
    Last edited by ChefScott; 08-18-2007 at 09:30 PM.

Cricketshay no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2404019F

Quote Originally Posted by ChefScott
    You can get them by using torrents. These are peer to peer files. You can google for them and down load, they are in a zip file normally. You need to get a torrent program that will connect with the Peers. I use uTorrent.
    http://www.utorrent.com/

I also use this site for finding torrents
    http://thepiratebay.org/

Have fun!
    Thanks for the info!

I've been converting avi. files currently on my PC and ripping my personal DVDs. I never even thought of using torrents.
    PIN: 2404019F

phod7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23fb43a6

Okay people, Listen up! If you transfer your videos and go to media under videos and there is nothing other than 'Preloaded', you need to go back to Media where it lists (or depicts) Music Video Ringtones Pictures. Hit the menu key and go to explore, then you will be able to view your videos.

As for types, if you dont want to hassle with...

"1.Select the Output Container= avi
    2.Select the output Video codec=H.263
    3.Aspect=11:9,4:3 or 1:1
    4.Frame/sec= 14.985
    5.Bitrate kbps= 64-576"

...then convert the files into 3gp format, it has never failed for any video i've put on my phone.
    (unless files size was too large)

shayne63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20E0D453

ok im lost
    i dont no how to get the files to work i have a wmv file that plays on windows media player.. how do i get it on my phone?

and with the piratebay site i got what i think is ghost rider but tell you the truth im lost bout that too...how do you no whats what and what will work on your phone? how do i unzip this torrent file?
    thanks ,
    shayne

ChefScott no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212c6ad0

You need to convert the video from wmv to avi, the pearl will play it then. Use the "Super" converter I gave links for above and make the setting changes

1.Select the Output Container= avi
    2.Select the output Video codec=H.263
    3.Aspect=11:9,4:3 or 1:1
    4.Frame/sec= 14.985
    5.Bitrate kbps= 64-576
    Then you can convert it.

Pirate Bay is just a listing of torrents. You need a program like win zip or similar to "unzip" them.
    To use the torrents you need a program that will download the movie from the peers. I use the uTorrent program.

To get the converted movies to your phone, use the desktop maanger in mass storage mode.
    You can pin me if you need help, I'll be home in a few hours (still at work oof) 23ECF196
    Last edited by ChefScott; 08-18-2007 at 09:31 PM.

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by shayne63
    ok im lost
    i dont no how to get the files to work i have a wmv file that plays on windows media player.. how do i get it on my phone?

and with the piratebay site i got what i think is ghost rider but tell you the truth im lost bout that too...how do you no whats what and what will work on your phone? how do i unzip this torrent file?
    You are going to have to look elsewhere to get help with torrents, my friend, because they are illegal.

Usually nothing is going to work on your pearl until you convert it. Blackberry Video Converter is free and easy to use. Super C is free and easy to use if you know what settings to use. I've found that Super C makes them better quality.

For operating systems 4.2.0 use what they mentioned above.

I use these settings for newer operating systems 4.2.1:

Output Container: AVI
    Output Video Codec: MPEG-4
    Output Audio Codec: MP3
    Encoder: MEncoder
    Video Scale Size: 320:240
    Aspect Ratio: 4:3
    Frames Per Second: 15
    Check the check boxes: Hi Quality & 48k audio
    Sampling Frequency: 48000
    Channels: 2
    Bitrate: 320

Don't check to stream copy anything.

Now you can just drag and drop your video file into the box above the buttons at the bottom.

Hit encode and select DX50.
    Last edited by b_d0za; 08-18-2007 at 09:24 PM.

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Torrents are not illegal...however downloading and sharing copyrighted material is...

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBerry
    Torrents are not illegal...however downloading and sharing copyrighted material is...
    Good point. I think it is absolutely legal to download an album or movie if you have the original that may or may not work any more because it is scratched up or broken.

But either way, I don't want to put this forum in an akward position because I like it too much. You can learn what you need to do with a torrent elsewhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12