Hi everyone, i recently got a blackberry pearl off ebay but i bought it knowing ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

monkeysrock724 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help With Putting Music Onto My Phone Pearl!!!!

Advertisement

Hi everyone, i recently got a blackberry pearl off ebay but i bought it knowing that the setup CD did not come with the phone also..just the phone and the charger. now i really want to put music on the phone but have absolutely no idea how and when i try to plug my phone into the computer via usb cable, i can't just drag the music onto the phone on the computer screen (i hope that made sense). I was wondering what software i need to download in order for this to work and also if there is any FREE way that i can transfer music to my pearl with a Macbook. If not i can just use a PC. Thanks everyone!

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Help With Putting Music Onto My Phone Pearl!!!!

You need Desktop_Software_4.2_SP2, I got the English version. Do a search on PinStack.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

You can download the Desktop Manager from your service provider's website. They have a link in their downloads section for Blackberry Software downloads. There is also a link to all of the various carriers on this thread in Pinstack. You want to download Desktop Manager v 4.2 SP2

If you prefer, when you connect your phone to your PC, the phone should ask you something like "Do you want to turn on Mass Storage Mode". If you select "Yes" to this question, it will turn on Mass Storage, which makes the phone appear as an external drive to your PC. You can then use My Computer/Windows Explorer to transfer files between your PC and the phone.

Good luck, and welcome to the stacks. Let us know if we can help with anything else. You came to the right place to learn about your new phone.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ you will also need a microsd memory card to hold said songs. The phone memory alone is not enough. Ask again if you need more help

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Just a quick note. You can only turn on mass storage mode if you have a microSD card or microSDHC card in the unit. The 8800 can take up to a 2 gig micro SD card and is designed to take up to a 32 gig microSDHC card although only 4 gig are currently available.

Once you purchase your card you need to format it in your PC, then format it again in your 8800. Once it is formatted, you can either transfer files to it via a miniUSB cable directly into the 8800 but this will take three hours on a 4 gig card. Or you can remove the card, place it into an adapter and put it in an SD reader in your PC and do the same transfer in about fifteen minutes.

Please remeber to turn off the 8800 before you attempt to remove/install the microSD/SCHC card in your 8800.

I wrote this post on my 8830/4 gig card and have done a fair amount of testing.

Please repond if you habe more questions or need clarification.

manisholiday no está en línea Stack level 1

I have blackberry pearl after start connection to computer and turining mass storage mode on & formated the medai card from computer, i am unable to find media card in Blackberry, if i connect to computer, i am getting media card as a mass storage.

what could be the issue ?

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by manisholiday
    I have blackberry pearl after start connection to computer and turining mass storage mode on & formated the medai card from computer, i am unable to find media card in Blackberry, if i connect to computer, i am getting media card as a mass storage.

yes the media card card in the phone is mass storage. And yes while it is connected to the computer you will not be able to see the media card in the phone.

sarge_44 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by manisholiday

I always keep the mass storage mode off when I connect it to my computer. Also you can formate it from your phone. Try this. Options-Advanced Options-Media Card-Menu Button-Format Card. Worked for me