Not sure how many of you use this yet. But it comes and goes. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jtown777 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help with PTT feature please!

Advertisement

Not sure how many of you use this yet. But it comes and goes. I can two-way my contacts when I'm within the same cell site area but when I am further it stops working. If I push to talk to my contact it will not release on my end when I let the button go. It's like it gets stuck and won't release to make the transition from talk to recieve. It has been frustrating especially after 2 days of failures, and then when I was closer to them today it worked perfectly. Now that I'm 50 miles away again it's doing the same thing. I hope someone has some solution for me. I got my phone yesterday morning and have been able to figure most of the other features out. So far I love it but would like the 2-way that I'm paying for to work. I know they are new at the PTT but if they offer it it should work. Any help would be much appreciated.

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c
    Is the person you are trying to PTT with having the same issue with others? If they are not, I would think it could be your device.

That's what I was thinking too. Called tech support and they couldn't figure out why. In fact, I spoke with three reps at cingular and none knew too much about the BB Pearl. Kinda sad that these people aren't thoroughly trained on these newer devices. I am taking it back to the store today to exchange it. Hopefully that works. Thanks for your reply.

Exchanged my phone today and it has the same problem. So frustrating. Must be an issue between BB Pearl and the PTT feature. I hope it gets worked out soon. Anyone know if the software upgrade will help?

Well I hope whomever has this problem too will see this and maybe not be frustrated. After exchanging my phone today and going through cust. service yesterday and this morning, it seems that my sim wasn't making good contact. I took it out and cleaned it. Put it back in and it worked! I just got a new phone replacement today and it was the same as the previous one, wouldn't work. Then after a few hours the microphone stopped working and no one could hear me. I was livid at this point. Instead of throwing the phone out of my second story window, I calmly took off the back piece, removed the battery, unloaded the sim, wiped it off and replaced everything. Wow! it worked (for now). God I hope that's all it was. I was beginning to think that their technology was questionable in regards to the PTT. I hope it gets better fast because it is wayyyyy behind Nextels 2-way. Anyway it works fine. I hope that if someone else has this issue that my experience helps.

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wait, PTT on the Pearl? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by maestrowork
    Wait, PTT on the Pearl? Am I missing something?
    Yeah it has PTT. Through Cingular.

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jtown777
    Yeah it has PTT. Through Cingular.
    o i c. thanks for the clarification.

jnavarr3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203E1525
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Is there anyway to download software PTT to the BLACKBERRY ??

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

c2k
    c2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: Help with PTT feature please!

Quote Originally Posted by jnavarr3
    hi i'm new here as well, and i was wondering the same. If anyone can help, that would be great.. i have the pearl

cyberhazard no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E99719

Re: Help with PTT feature please!

Quote Originally Posted by jnavarr3
    I'm thinking even if you could d/l the PTT app, you will still need to be on the Cingular network for it to work.

Someone else asked which BB has PTT. Answer, Cingulars Pearl the 8100C.

Now on to the OP. I too have had issues with the PTT not releasing from time to time. Not often, but it does happen and I have no idea why. When I do find myself lisening to an open mic or waiting for a reply, I just hang up and reacquire.