I am still really new to the blackberrys. I wanted to transfer 2 pictures I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ditch77 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    just ask

help with pics from digital camera

Advertisement

I am still really new to the blackberrys. I wanted to transfer 2 pictures I took with my digital camera to my phone. I did it using the desktop manager. Now my phone has no available memory after just those two pictures. I did notice that when I view them on the phone it shows the file size as 801.66k for each of the 2 pictures as opposed to 79.0k which is the biggest file size of a picture taken with the BB. So I have a couple questions for you pros.

1. Is there a way to change the file size of these pictures?
    2. Do I need to get a sd card for my BB?

Thanks in advance everyone!

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Re: help with pics from digital camera

Yes you need a sd card. And if you use editing software such as Picasa which is free from google, you can resize your pics for export and email them to yourself and save as attachments. That's the easiest best and quickest way. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

I meant yes you should have an sd card so you don't use your device memory for things like pics. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fbriceno97 Guest

Man without doubt get yourself a secure digital card, so you won't eat the phone memory...

As for the file size, there are pictures editing programs out there that let you reduce the resolution and with this the size...

Regards

PIN/ID
    just ask

Thanks for the quick replies! I resized them and now they are only 44.0k. I will still definitely check out a sd card today. Thanks again!

PIN/ID
    just ask

Ok well sorry to be such a newbie, but I have just a couple more questions.

1. I picked up an sd card for the phone and used the DM to transfer all my BB pics to my laptop then sent them back to the BB's sd card. It shows on the DM that the pictures are saved under the media (sd) card, but when I try and look at them on the phone under the media card they dont show up. If I take a picture using the BB it saves it to the media card and I can see it. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

2. Is there a way to just move my ringtones I have saved on my BB to the media card without going through the DM on my laptop?

Thanks again everyone!

PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditch77
    Ok well sorry to be such a newbie, but I have just a couple more questions.

1. I picked up an sd card for the phone and used the DM to transfer all my BB pics to my laptop then sent them back to the BB's sd card. It shows on the DM that the pictures are saved under the media (sd) card, but when I try and look at them on the phone under the media card they dont show up. If I take a picture using the BB it saves it to the media card and I can see it. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

2. Is there a way to just move my ringtones I have saved on my BB to the media card without going through the DM on my laptop?

Thanks again everyone!
    Did you make a folder first? You need to make a folder on the memory card for your pics. And-you may need to format that card before you use it.
    To move your tones, simply highlight them, click the menu key, choose move, and then go to the location you want to save them to. If you'd like, just pin me and I'll send you a detailed email. 23e4456e

fbriceno97 Guest

Did you format the secure digital card?

Options -> Advance Options -> Media Card -> (then press the menu key and choose format)

This way the card is ready to use both in your BB device and PC with all the default folders created.

Cheers

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    just ask

I have not formated the card. I just put it in and it asked if I wanted camera pics to be saved there I chose yes and I figured it was set. I will try formating it now.

fbriceno97 Guest

Go ahead and let me know.

PIN/ID
    just ask

I got it now! Thank you fbriceno97 for your help and thank you mysmyrrh for helping me over BB messenger. Everything is nice and organized.

fbriceno97 Guest

Glad I could help you out.

Cheers!

FPCM no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ok, here's a related question. I have a memory card installed, but the camera wants to use device memory as the default for storing pics. How can I change it so that the memory card is the default storage location? I can browse through but it takes forever, so I would like it just to use the card as default. It does use the card as default for video, so I'm not sure what I am doing wrong... TIA for any help- I'm sure someone out there knows how to fix this!

I just realized I'm in the 8110 forum- maybe it's different in my 8130???