Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I haven’t installed any OS updates because I never wanted to, but my phone is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

birus2095 no está en línea Stack level 2

help with OS updates which one is recommended.

Advertisement

I haven’t installed any OS updates because I never wanted to, but my phone is starting to get a little slow on me and I want to get it updated. My question is which one would you recommend please tell me because I was looking around and I found a couple ones, and if could some one tell me how or what do I need to do to update it please because I don’t want to screw up my BB. Thank you.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: help with OS updates which one is recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by birus2095
    I haven’t installed any OS updates because I never wanted to, but my phone is starting to get a little slow on me and I want to get it updated. My question is which one would you recommend please tell me because I was looking around and I found a couple ones, and if could some one tell me how or what do I need to do to update it please because I don’t want to screw up my BB. Thank you.
    Your profile says you're with Cingular, so you should have the lastest OS. If it's getting slow on you, you may want to give it a 30 sec battery pull and check how much device memory you have available. I wouldn't upgrade to 1.66 since there's quite a few bugs everyone is experiencing. I would stick with what you got. if it is indeed .71 or .73 OS
    Just my two cents. hope it helps.

yeah sounds good, so i dont need to update?

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

If u have .71 u're good

PIN/ID
    STACK

Yea you're fine, sorry I was actually trying to figure out how to downgrade back to .73 OS. Kinda ironic...

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

.71 or .73 have been preety good according to other stackers, stay away from 1.66...for now

I have .69 lol 69, anyway thx guys I'm good then. All stay with what I have.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Where are those OS's .71 or .73? I just spent several hours last night upgrading to .66.

Update: I found it. I will be busy for awhile today but I may try it later to see what happens.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 03-19-2007 at 02:07 PM.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Red, that isn't a downgrade if you want to go to .73 unless you have something the rest of us don't know about LOL

gergedan no está en línea Stack level 2

Unfortunately i dont understand what u r talking about. I need help though.
    I am with cingular, and what can i do to make this phone faster? What is .71, .73, .66? Where is the link to download it? Is there instructions on the link for how to download and install?

Thank you

.71 or .73 is the Operating System version that runs on the BlackBerry. The .71 OS is for the Cingular black Pearl and .73 is for the Cingular red Pearl. You don't have to be on Cingular to use them though. I am on T-Mobile and have used other carriers' OS's.

The link to install OS .73 is here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

Just choose your device. Then follow all prompts for information and verification. Then install the software to your device. Delete the "vendor.xml" file by searching your PC and deleting it. Then install the OS via Desktop Manager by connecting your BB to the PC.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 03-19-2007 at 02:43 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

here are instructions on how to upgrade your OS...just in case anyone needs it

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

I went to install the 4.2.0.73 OS (Platform 2.2.0.41), the Cingular Red Pearl OS, and got an error message on Desktop Manager saying "Leave the system applications on the device unchanged (Recommended). Select this option only if you want to continue loading non-system applications that are already on the device unchanged."

I have OS 4.2.1.66 (Platform 2.3.0.57). I unlocked new vendor themes before I tried to install so I would have all new themes.

PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yup I'm back down to .73. 1.66 wasn't cutting it for me. All the issues with jivetalk and MMS. The pros were not enough to keep me there. I think when the 8300 comes out we'll get a new OS. I can wait till then.

I don't understand why it's an downgrade when .73 is more recent than .66 LOL And how did you do get to .73? I am having all sorts of problems upgrading.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast