Hello all - I just got a pearl 2 days ago and I set up ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

MidnightSun529 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help with new blackberry!!

Advertisement

Hello all - I just got a pearl 2 days ago and I set up my email and have been receiving messages just fun. But is there anyway that I can set up my message icon to alert me only to when I receive text messages and the little email icon to alert me to emails - basically keep them separated into different alerts?

And how can I download ringtones? Do I NEED a media card?

Any help would be great!

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Sure Midnight, Just go in to Profiles>Scroll to the bottom>Click on advanced>click the active profile>Scroll to the email address and change the alert. You can also Go into Messages>Menu Key>Options>General options> Select SMS and Email inboxes and se it to Seperate. this will make a folder for SMS and MMS, and have the mails in a seperate box. the settings for themes you can change how they interact.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Thanks for the help. But with making the mails in a separate box, the alert will still come on in the "messages" box - is there no way that I can only get texts in the "messages" and emails in the little alert with the globe and letter - sorry this isn't more technical, but I'm still trying to figure this phone out.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    what i would suggest doing is hiding your messages icon and only using separate email and sms/mms icons. it works better for me that way and i see the individual alerts too.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    WHat Lucky Said will work, it takes a little to get used to the way BB works. And configure it as close as you can to what you like. Me, I hade all the other Mail boxes and JUST use the Messages Icon, for SMS and Mail. BUT, each E-mail account has its own sound, and SMS as well.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

thanks - that seems to work well for right now!! how do you go about downloading ringtones and different themes? do you need the media card to do all this? I am getting one in a week or so, but wanted to get some new ringtones.... and is there the same notification for text and email (the sound that is)

PIN/ID
    N/A
    you can fully customize separate ringtones for anything you want. if you want real music ringtones you can simply transfer the music files to your phone and set them as ringtones. if you want to cut music up for specific parts of the song try this site: http://tonethis.com/ .

you can also check www.mobile41.com.

how do you set a new tone for incoming email/texts?

PIN/ID
    N/A
    profiles>scroll down to advanced>select profile to edit>select individual email or sms/mms settings

you can change it from there

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    Thanks for the help. But with making the mails in a separate box, the alert will still come on in the "messages" box - is there no way that I can only get texts in the "messages" and emails in the little alert with the globe and letter - sorry this isn't more technical, but I'm still trying to figure this phone out.
    yea you could hide the messages icon but all other browser messages, bb messenger messages, wap messages etc will only go to the messages folder and if you hide the icon then you will have to show it everytime to clear the message alert

bing111 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    thats why we are here