ok heres the story i was swimming and well my phone was on the table. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

da bbman no está en línea Stack level 2

Help With My Trackball!!! Its Making Letters!!!

Advertisement

ok heres the story i was swimming and well my phone was on the table. Eventually i had to use my phone wit wet fingers. Now the phone randomly turned off and i had to take battery out to turn it on. When i had it on none of the buttons worked at all. Now 5 hours later the buttons work except the trackball. Everytime i push it it thinks im either pushing: Q,E,W.

Seriously do i need to reboot my phone?

If so i need sumone to show me a new desktp manager since my phone isn't connecting to my normal one. Show me a desktop manager that works for Cingular please..

Andif this doesn't work I guess im gonna switch to a Walkman W580i

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well, when ever you get your phone wet, you should take the battery out and let it dry completely for a couple days. If it happened today, power down, take the battery out and let it dry out for a day or two, depends on how wet it got.......but using it while wet may have already caused permanent damage.

I've read some posts that say to put the BB in a container with dry rice, that the rice helps absorb the moisture........

I have not been through this before, so maybe someone else will come along with more advice........but I would say for sure take the battery out right away and let it dry out completely then see if it works better. Good luck to ya!

And about the desktop manager, was it connecting before it got wet, or have you been having trouble with that for a while???
    Last edited by azstar; 04-21-2008 at 12:39 AM. Reason: added last question
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't see what you're looking for here. Are you trying to find a magical fix for a phone that has obvious water damage? It doesn't work that way unfortunately. If power cycling your phone does nothing then you definitely did something to it.

In the future when any of your electronics come in contact with water you should immediately rip out the battery and let it dry for a few hours before even attempting to turn it on again.

I don't know what you mean about a desktop manager that works with Cingular. The desktop sotware has nothing to do with the carrier and will work as long as your phone works. If the manager you can download from blackberry's website isn't working then something is wrong with your phone.

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    I would just wait it out...chances are if the other things fixed itself, so will the trackball. Just avoid using the phone if possible. Take the battery out and let it sit for at least a day. Try pressing down the trackball and rolling it simultaneously (WHILE the battery is out). Most importantly, be patient. It may work itself out.

xclusive_kiid3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    same thing happend to mines....well kinda.

my nephew got some milk on my BB, so it kept turning on and off and when i pushed down on the trackball it would always type Q or W. so i took out the battery, let everything dry then popped off the trackball and scrapped off the dried milk that was on the circuit board that was causing the problems. now my BB is back to normal. idk if thats the same deal with yours but hopefully that helped?

cjcarbone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    not anym
    reloading the OS wil not fix it. The fix is... don't get it wet..

Enjoy your Walkman W580i

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

To gorcorps and cjcarbone... Unfortunately, accidents happen. He's obviously asking for solutions to help revive the phone which has worked before. The rice trick absorbs water from electronics and it will work. Thankfully I've never had to use the method before but its been helpful to others.

Telling him to enjoy a different phone without offering help is not what needs to be said in this thread. Please keep it positive. Thanks.

da bbman no está en línea Stack level 2
    no i didn't drop it in water or anything.... Listen to what i read it just started acting stupid at the pool. The water damage sign didn't even change color since it was a tiny bit pink from a long time ago.

Randomly i had to give it 2 days for the phone to start working just while i was sleeping. And your wrong restarting it could maybe work who knows... My phone wasn't wet at all.

What up with the pinstack people lately...

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    I agree with Erica... we should keep it friendly and positive around here. [I for one kid people a lot, but in a friendly way ...and on occasion I might even help someone!! ]

To the OP: at worst you may have to clean up your trackball, if drying proves insufficient. I doubt you've done any permanent damage. My old BB went through a lot of moistenings ... would act crazy for a while... and then dutifully come back to health.

DWiLL8 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Did your trackball ever begin to work? cause i have the same problem

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    I've seen many instances with many kinds of BlackBerries where trackball/keyboard got moderately wet, and every time waiting it out solved the problem. They are not made out of sugar