im able to upload one of my music into blackberry pearl under ringtones ..( theres ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

magiccharm no está en línea Stack level 1

Help with mp3 in bb pearl

Advertisement

im able to upload one of my music into blackberry pearl under ringtones ..( theres only 2 options.. picture or ringtones folder). its not an mp3 music but a windows media TM audio, but when i go to bb to play the music.. it said that unable to display file /store/home/user/ringtone.....wma. can you guys pls help me how to upload music succesfully pls

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Help with mp3 in bb pearl

I believe that it needs to be in MP3 format to play on the Pearl. You will need to convert it to MP3 before loading on your BB.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

LaZyBoYx15 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30481A4C

Yeah, there are specific formats the bb pearl will only play. AVI for movies and mp3 for music. I guess that is my only complaint regarding the pearl. I have tons of movies in mpeg and now I have to convert them into AVI's before watching them on my pearl at work.
    Love my first BlackBerry (Pearl)!
    PiN 204B103B

yea but when i convert my music into mp3 its 5 megs.. and i know pearl only accepts below 3 megs.. how can i possible convert my mp3 into lower megs? is there any files you guys use? ty for your replies really appreciate it

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I use dbpoweramp converter to reduce the size of my mp3's. Try it out if you want.

after reducing the file to less than 3 mg.. and its in mp3 audio.. whenever i try to transfer it to my bb i get htis error when the transfer is about to be finish " An error occured transfering "My Blackberry/ Cocuments... etc to the blackberry device "General error E:1008

jreyes no está en línea Stack level 1
    Audio formats are not an issue in this case. I've successfully upload wma, wav, MP3 and m4a to my black berry. The best way for me to compress the MP3s is to use the conversion option on iTunes. Just make sure that before doing so you go to options and cotumize the Stereo Bit Rate to 56Kbps. A new copy of te mp3 files you sellected will appear under the original, then you just drang it into your BB media dir.

Now the real error happens with some files. Though being is m4a, wam or mp3 when I try to transfer then to my BB it loads entirely and then give me the "General error E:1008" Now why is that?

----------
    BB Media supported formats specifications:

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...nodeid=1270524

I just noticed that songs with files name having special (non-english) character are one of the causes for that E:108 error. Also when importing files with the same file names dont rename themself or get overwritten but gives you another "Device communication error."

Quick Tip:
    By converting/compressing sounds files using iTunes then importing them directly from the iTunes library it also transfer the songs' Artwork/Album Logo to your BB. It make it look phenomenal!

Just for the record.

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    You need a memory card in your device....Otherwise it has a limit of 2.83MB and doesn't let you put any music/videos on it

Yeah That's partially true. I haven't been able to upload any videos into my BB so far using only the internal MEM, though I have sucessfully uploaded 11 of my Fav song into my BB. I have not yet tried to upload more though.

tonystar no está en línea Stack level 1

I just recently got my BB pearl and just figured how to put the mp3 player into the BB device.
    First, get an microSD memory card of any size.
    1. Insert the memory card and wait for your device turn on or turn it on.
    2. Go to the Full Menu bar
    3. Go to Options
    4. Go to Advance Options
    5. Go to Media Card
    From there, make sure that "Media Card Support" is On and "Mass Storage Mode Support" is Off.
    If you have anything in your memory card, you have to let the device format it, to do that, click on the Full Menu bar and look for the options that says "Format Card or Memory".
    6. Make sure you have downloaded the Desktop Manager.
    7. Connect your BB pearl device to your computer.
    8. Open up the Desktop Manager
    9. Click on Media Manager
    From there, you should be able to click on Media Card folder and open the "blackberry" folder and then you should find the music/pictures/videos/ringtone folder and add your items into the folder.

Hopefully, that will work for you!
    -Tonystar
    Last edited by tonystar; 09-01-2007 at 06:55 PM.