Okay, I have the latest OS, have tried the battery pull, etc. I modified the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Help with Maps on BB Pearl on AT&T

Advertisement

Okay, I have the latest OS, have tried the battery pull, etc. I modified the LBS.alx file to look like:

<!-- For 8800 series, hide the icon for Cingular (102), Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties, including Amena (Orange Spain - 175). -->
    <!-- For non-8800 series, show the icon for all carriers except Cingular (102), Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties, including Amena (Orange Spain - 175). -->
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0" _vendorID="~124|137|119|162|142|183|147|217|175" series="~8800">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon.cod

The red line is the only one I modified.

After I modified this, I ran desktop manager, uninstalled maps, it rebooted, ran desktop manager again and reinstalled it, it rebooted, still no maps. I did a battery pull, still no maps. The folder I modified the alx file in is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8100-v4.2.1.96_P2.3.0.78

Have I missed a step? Is this the correct folder? Any other clues? lol. I'm lost now :-P and any help is appreciated.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Help with Maps on BB Pearl on AT&T

O don't think you can use 8800 maps on an 8100 due to the (huge) difference in screen resolution.

Delete what you have (reboot if requested), and try downloading BlackBerry Maps OTA. Sometimes you can get to the site, sometimes you cant. Right now you can! Make sure you use your Internet Browser - not Media Net or BlackBerry Browser.

Otherwise try Google Maps (both listed in my Mini Version Tracker).
    JerryD

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

I ran into the same issue on my 8700 and ended up having to downgrade the maps to get it to work.

Zo.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I had the exact same problem when moving to the .101 OS - and when I modified the LBS.alx file and ran desktop manager - not only did my BB Maps icon not appear but my BB Browser icon disappeared too!! I was completely flummoxed! I checked that I had edited everything correctly, that I did still have BB Maps showing in my application list, etc. and finally, after nothing else solved it, I decided to resend my service books just for the heck of it - and, like magic, both the BB Maps and Browser icons reappeared and everything works perfectly!