This may be a dumb ? but Im asking it. Im just learning. After I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

walker852 no está en línea Stack level 1

help with file choice for dvd when encoding

Advertisement

This may be a dumb ? but Im asking it. Im just learning. After I have used dvd shrink or dvd decryptor with a dvd I am wanting to encode, which TS file do I choose to encode for the movie to be encoded? There are possibly 20 file choices and I cant figure out which one. The particular one I used and encoded for my sony psp worked perfectly, but when I choose this file to encode it for my pearl, it comes up with a 10 sec video with no sound. Ive been doing this for days and am frustrated as hell trying to figure it out. Please help

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: help with file choice for dvd when encoding

From the Sticky thread on this forum, The Original: Video encoding for the 8100, dfc420 reports that the following settings will work for the Pearl Video

1.Select the Output Container= avi
    2.Select the output Video codec=H.263
    3.Aspect=11:9,4:3 or 1:1
    4.Frame/sec= 14.985
    5.Bitrate kbps= 64-576

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

hpmcdonald no está en línea Stack level 2

DVD Decryptor and DVD Shrink will create a new DVD disc for you. You will need a program that encodes the movie for the Pearl. The one I've used with great success has been CloneDVD Mobile.

Choose the "Video TS" folder created by DVD Decryptor as the input folder.

From there, CloneDVD Mobile will give you a selection of what to encode. There's usually a "1-27" or "1-35" (whatever the number of VOB files in the main feature on the DVD) on the first line. That's the selection you want.

The rest of the lines are the individual VOB files joined together in your selection above, so don't choose them.

I think I've suggested this program for you already. Did you have problems with it?

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3

Make sure when you use DVDDecriptor, etc. you strip out the copy protection, region code, etc. because CloneDVD won't encode anything copy protected.

glenmac18 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by maestrowork
    Make sure when you use DVDDecriptor, etc. you strip out the copy protection, region code, etc. because CloneDVD won't encode anything copy protected.
    how do you do that?