Hi, I am really kinda new to the whole Blackberry movement. But since i joined ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

che17 no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile Help with E-Mail

Advertisement

Hi,
    I am really kinda new to the whole Blackberry movement. But since i joined here i have really wanted to get the most out of my BB. I due have the Data plan and only got it so i could tether my BB to computer and use it as a modem. But now i wanna get all my Emails and that good stuff send to it also.
    Problem, I have a Hotmail account and i have had it for like 4 years and i don't want to change it cause all my friends and family have it. Not to mention all my MSN messenger friends, Bills, and other stuff of that nature.
    I have tired asking T-Mobile what to do and they never gave a clear answer. So i am now asking my fellow Stackers!
    I would like to keep my Email address! But just tell any ideas or suggestions that you guys might have!
    Thanks!!!!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Help with E-Mail

From http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2081600833:
    If you are a Microsoft MSN Hotmail account holder, you must have a paid MSN subscription (Hotmail Plus or Windows Live Hotmail Plus) in order to set up your Hotmail account with the BlackBerry Internet Service.
    Alternatively, if possible you could forward your Hotmail to your blackberry.net email address, but then the return email address wouldn't be your hotmail email address.
    JerryD

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    Alternatively, if possible you could forward your Hotmail to your blackberry.net email address, but then the return email address wouldn't be your hotmail email address.
    The return to email address can be the hotmail account. Just set the "Reply-To" address on the blackberry.net email on BIS as the hotmail account and all reply's will go there.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

There is program called get mail, all you have to do is set it up, it will forward all mail to another email addy. Also if you are a MSN subscriber, it would work on your bis. Honestly thou, I suggest getting email from yahoo. The cool part about yahoo is that there is two way synonization. If you read it on your berry, it will be marked read on your yahoo inbox online. Also there is the coolest program on earth... Yahoo Go!

I hope this helps,do a wick search for get mail, and download it on your PC, your PC while online will forward all your hotmail to your other email then to your berry

kelli67 no está en línea Stack level 3

This also works with gmail. Gmail even allows you to put a GMAIL icon on your phone, and shows you when you have email. As with any of the email addresses, you can always have your hotmail forwarded to your new gmail addy.

Good luck!