Hi, So when I push the little green phone button down, or try to start ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

NotSoBlue no está en línea Stack level 1

Help with contacts - they vanished!

Advertisement

Hi, So when I push the little green phone button down, or try to start a new text or email message - it says *No Addresses*. When I go into applications and go to the address book and open it - they're all there. What happened?? I've tried every menu option I can, I've taken out the battery and the sim card, I've made sure the sim address book is uploaded to the device, I'm running out of ideas here. It just kinda happened too - i wasnt messing with anything.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Jessy

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Help with contacts - they vanished!

What were you doing before this happened?

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    What were you doing before this happened?
    Nothing - I woke up and went to makea call and it was screwy. However, it had been in my purse and a bunch of buttons got pushed. So maybe that was it.
    Is there a way to reset the whole phone? aarrgghh.

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

it sounds like your cleared your call logs.

as long as your address book is still in tact you are laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by paulypaul
    it sounds like your cleared your call logs.

as long as your address book is still in tact you are laughing.
    Nope - call logs are there. Address book is gone. BUT - everything is still on my sim card. I just cant get the device to access it. So it seems. In order to get to my contacts, I have to go into contacts, into options, into sim card and there they are. I keep clicking on transfer numbers to address book and it shows the little progress bar - but they still aren't there.

abcomputin no está en línea Stack level 3

Are you maybe filtering them out? In your address book, menu, then filter and look.

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3

Yep, it is most likly the filters; if that didn't work, make sure to pull the battery for 30 sec. And if that still didn't work, do you have a back up?
    ~Zey

Quote Originally Posted by zeyrah
    Yep, it is most likly the filters; if that didn't work, make sure to pull the battery for 30 sec. And if that still didn't work, do you have a back up?
    I went to the cingular store and they told me to do the desk top update/backup/restore thingy and they sent me a link to the newest update. Did nothing but obliterate my browser, so now I have no contacts and no browser. They said if that didnt work then call Cingular tech support and if they cant fix it - I spose I get a new phone. wtf. what a pain in the ***.

BTW - not the filters, that was one of the first things I messed with. And yes - I've done the battery pull.
    thanks for the suggestions though.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

You just need to re-register to your network
    Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Menu Button>Register Now.

If that doesn't get your browser back then you need to re-send your Service Books.
    This is done through your BIS Account, where you set up your Emails. Not sure the exact directions since I don't have AT&T.

Try those steps and your browser should be back.

stellasdad no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Help with contacts - they vanished!

I have the same problem reported here (at least the initial problem reported here). When I open up my address book, I see all my contacts with the "Find:" prompt above them.

If I type in a single letter, say "P", the contacts disappear and the message "* No Addresses *" appears below the Find prompt. I have many contacts that start with the letter P.

I've checked filtering every way I can figure out and nothing seems to be filtered (by category, etc.).

Phone is on Verizon. Help appreciated!

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

Quote Originally Posted by stellasdad View Post
    I have the same problem reported here (at least the initial problem reported here). When I open up my address book, I see all my contacts with the "Find:" prompt above them.

If I type in a single letter, say "P", the contacts disappear and the message "* No Addresses *" appears below the Find prompt. I have many contacts that start with the letter P.

I've checked filtering every way I can figure out and nothing seems to be filtered (by category, etc.).

Phone is on Verizon. Help appreciated!
    when you press the "OP" button does the letter O appear or P? maybe you need to hold down the alt button then press the button to get "P"... just a thought, hope it works out for you

boggis no está en línea Stack level 1
    My problem is similar though not identical. As of a couple days ago I lost everything in my address book after 'S'. All names from T-Z are gone. Filters are off and I'm baffled as to why they went away.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or know of a fix?
    Thanks