Can anyone please tell me what I need to get the bb maps application gps ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

OMSRRR no está en línea Stack level 1

Help with bb maps

Advertisement

Can anyone please tell me what I need to get the bb maps application gps to work? I know you need a blue tooth enabled gps device, but what the heck is it? I know it can't be like a handheld gps device because that would defeat the purpose of the phone. Any one have this feature working?

Help,......thanks

cotz no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Help with bb maps

ya im in the same boat ^^

azymer no está en línea Stack level 1

on the sprint/nextel network, try the bb 8703e - it has integrated gps.

res09wpc no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by OMSRRR
    Can anyone please tell me what I need to get the bb maps application gps to work? I know you need a blue tooth enabled gps device, but what the heck is it? I know it can't be like a handheld gps device because that would defeat the purpose of the phone. Any one have this feature working?

Help,......thanks
    You do need a Bluetooth enabled GPS. You can find them on the web for anywhere from $50 - $135 or so. Watch out though - I believe (but I'm not sure) that the GPS must use the NMEA 0183 v2.2 or v2.0 protocol. I bought an iBlue PS-3200 and it uses v3.01 which doesn't work correctly and causes BB Maps to crash.

Once you have a GPS, pair the GPS with the phone like you would pair a bluetooth headset. Then BB Maps should see it. In Maps, use the Start GPS menu option and it should display your GPS as a choice. Select it and you should be off and running.

Hope that helps!