Hello everybody. I've just bought a new BB pearl 8130, OS 4.3.0.66 and i do ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Dvob19 no está en línea Stack level 1

help with applying themes and streaming/saving videos

Advertisement

Hello everybody. I've just bought a new BB pearl 8130, OS 4.3.0.66 and i do not have a micro sd card.

I've done pretty good figuring alot of this stuff out but what i would really like to do is put the new themes i have downloaded on my desktop onto my bb. I've tried using the application loader wizard but it says "no additional applications designed for your device were found".

Also what i would like to do is watch videos on my bb. The problem there is when i go to load the video my media player says "an error has occured attempting to play media". I would just like to know what the problem is and how i could solve it. Or is it like that just because i dont have a micro sd card?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: help with applying themes and streaming/saving videos

First, welcome to Pinstack!

As far as your questions, the "No additional apps" error is very common. It means you don't have the BB OS installed on your PC yet. That needs to be installed on the PC before you can add themes and apps. You can find your carriers BB OS on this thread: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...f_29jan08.html

The media question depends on what type of video file you are trying to play. The media player only supports these formats:
    • Supported audio formats: MP3, MIDI, AMR-NB, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, WMA
    • Supported video formats: MPEG4 Part 2 Simple Profile, H.263, WMV

just my luck, my service provider is MTS and MTS is not listed

i've tried downloading one that matches my version and os and wow it says it'll take 10 hours to finish haha. i only have dial up right now where i am. Are you sure this is THEE and only solution to my problem?

or is it possible to just get themes via ota? anyone have any good sites?

You can use any carriers OS, as long as it is for your BB model, just delete the vedor.xml file located in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

As far as OTA, no. Sorry for the long download time, you'll have to get broadband to increase the speed.

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Danggg! 10 hours..well grab a snickers bar cause you'll be there for a while . I downloaded mine using my tethered EVDO and it only took about 40 min or so. Hey I've had dial-up too and its no fun at all!

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59

Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    First, welcome to Pinstack!

As far as your questions, the "No additional apps" error is very common. It means you don't have the BB OS installed on your PC yet. That needs to be installed on the PC before you can add themes and apps. You can find your carriers BB OS on this thread: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...f_29jan08.html

The media question depends on what type of video file you are trying to play. The media player only supports these formats:
    • Supported audio formats: MP3, MIDI, AMR-NB, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, WMA
    • Supported video formats: MPEG4 Part 2 Simple Profile, H.263, WMV
    What do I need to do to play wmv files? Are you sure you don't mean avi files- those play fine....

Quote Originally Posted by riff_raff View Post
    What do I need to do to play wmv files? Are you sure you don't mean avi files- those play fine....
    That info is copied directly from the BB website here: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices...specifications

I did not create it so I cannot tell you what the author meant.