Okay my pearl was stolen and recovered as most of you know. The thing is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tj2311111 Guest

Help With a Possible Problem

Advertisement

Okay my pearl was stolen and recovered as most of you know. The thing is the cop said they found it in the bushes meaning the thief dropped it there most likely. But it has no dent or scratches on the body.So since I got it back I noticed some things. Like today I have two bars of reception yet jivetalk and the browser show signs of no reception. For example browser says requesting but never loads at all. The camera through a error which I corrected but that never happened before.Anyone think that something in my pearl could have been messed up. Or is it something else?

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Re: Help With a Possible Problem

Sorry, to hear that. I hadn't heard anything about your ordeal til now. How long was it missing? Long enough that they crook would have time to mess with trying to figure out how to wipe your data or applications? Perhaps he deleted something he shouldn't have...

Also, as far as your reception, had you reported it missing to your provider? If so, portions of your phone or service plan might have been turned off to avoid charges. Any other ideas?

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

any good drop could play hell with the guts. it's all solid state inside but all the components are delicate. no insurance or warranty that might cover it with a "I don't know what happened?" story?

tj2311111 Guest

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

They had it for like 2 hours before they got caught and I guess ditched it. The thing is they didn't get into it as it was password protected, they tried 6 times but failed. Only damage would be from a drop.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

it could be just about anything....i would backup my information and then try a few things to just to text it out.
    1) go to your options and then to your advanced options and then to hrt (host routing table) and select a new profile, see if that gets your applications connecting again.
    @)try after doing a wipe try doing a software restore, and then restore your data. (that way if whoever stole your device accidentally deleted anything they or messed something up, that is now deleted and everything woud be like before.

hope that helps!

tj2311111 Guest

Thing is I don't have my computer to work with. It had some part blow and I was going to check on the warranty when the pearl was stolen. So yeah.lol

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Well, since they couldn't access anything it's really odd. The problems you are describing definitely sounds more software oriented. Had you recently made any changes to your software environment prior to the incident? i.e. application install, settings change, etc.

As far as hardware goes, I'm not sure where to start. Unless the GPRS/EDGE radio was jostled...

tj2311111 Guest

The thing is a couple of days before I installed the new OS. nothing else I could think of.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Just backit up...wipe it...then restore it.

tj2311111 Guest

Ill have to wait to get my computer up and running as it has all my BB stuff.

Btw can a drop cause problems internally if there are no external signs? Like I said externally my pearl shows no signs of a drop.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Yes a drop can cause internal issues with no external signs. The antenna, microphone, speaker, LCD, connectors, etc. can shift internally and cause issues.

Zo.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

sure it can, if something isn't properly soldered a drop could disconnect it. Usually not though, but it could happen.

tj2311111 Guest

Looks like I'm gonna have to open up my pearl to check for damages.I wanna be sure everything internally is okay.I'm hoping these problems though aren't related to an internal problem rather a software issue.