Hello. I just got the Pearl, was a good little student and installed the desktop ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

josaram no está en línea Stack level 1

Help with 8110 Pearl

Advertisement

Hello. I just got the Pearl, was a good little student and installed the desktop manager on my computer, then even went so far as to use the desktop manager. It recommended I update my Pearl software, so I did. That was three days ago. I have not been able to use the phone since. I have tried everything I have seen here and on crackberry, and I think I have now seen every error message on the list of possible errors for the phone. I have tried loading five different versions of the OS (three specifically with 8110 in the name, and the two that were listed as options in the desktop manager), all of them failing before completely loading. I have tried the tricks mentioned, and nothing works. Support is non-existent from BB or AT&T, so I was wondering if anyone else was getting the same problem when you tried to upgrade to the 4.5 OS, and if there has been any success at getting your phone back, how you did it.

Thanks.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Have you completely wiped your device using Bbsak or JL_Cmndr? It sounds like you have components of several OS's and your device is jammed up. Use one of these wiping utilities and then reload your OS and you should be good to go.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Have you tried this link?

http://forums.pinstack.com/f73/how_t...system-100243/

If not, give it a try. It should get you back up and running in no time.

josaram no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you. I am trying to get the JLCmndr thing to work. I have Vista, and all I get when I double click on the zip file is a little DOS box that flashes on the screen so fast I can barely make out that it is a DOS box. When I click on the file it puts on my desktop, it tells me that the path does not exist. I have tried reloading it and get the same result. Any ideas? Thanks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Try turning off User Account Control and unzipping again.

Control Panel>User Accounts (I think.....running 7 right now and can't remember where it was).