Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You have the right one, In order for the Application loader in Desktop manager to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Help with 8100 themes

Advertisement

You have the right one, In order for the Application loader in Desktop manager to work, the device OS must be on the PC and the Device..and they must be the same.

OK just got an answer from a mod about this......you do need to delete the old OS before downloading the new one.......To find it for deletion go to My computer>c drive or local disk c>program files>common files>Research in motion>shared>loader>and delete the one that says 4.2.0.14

Then download the new OS and the desktop manager will recognize it then. If you leave the old one on there, the desktop manager will always use the old one.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Jonalter no está en línea Stack level 1

This is frustrating because i did all that and i got there and 4.2.1.107 is the only one there. Do you have AIM, it would make communication easier.

No I don't have aim, but that's the one you want, just delete 4.2.0.14 from your PC following the steps in my last post then donwload 4.2.1.107....that's what you want because it's the same as your phone......be patient.....keep going...it's confusing sometimes but you'll get it.
    Twitter? My Apps List

sorry to run i had to go out to dinner, but i installed the new version after getting rid of the old one and it still says its the same...

I copied this from my desktop manager help....see if this helps you.
    Update the BlackBerry Device Software

Verify that your system administrator or wireless service provider has provided you with a link to the BlackBerry® Device Software.
    1. Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager if it is open.
    2. Download the BlackBerry Device Software.
    3. Double-click the BlackBerry Device Software setup program file on your computer.
    4. Complete the instructions on the screen.
    5. Connect your BlackBerry device to your computer.
    6. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    7. Click Update Now.
    8. Complete the instructions on the screen.

Next, if that doesn't help, I would say to try to uninstall the Desktop Manager and the Device OS from your PC, then go back to that link I gave you for the newest from T-Mobile and download both again.......I'm running out of ideas.
    Twitter? My Apps List

i'll give both of those a try.

alright well, idk what else to do. i'm gonna try to install it off the original disc again. i mean im not braindead when it comes to PC's either. This is just confusing because idk what else to do lol.

After you install the desktop manager again and the device OS to the PC again, if you are still getting the same "no additional apps..." message...

first double check again and make sure the device OS on the PC and the one on your BB are the same version

Then literally write down and then post every step you are doing from downloading ...to unzipping ...to trying to add the .alx file to the application loader and we'll try to see what's missing. Even post where you are getting the theme files from. Better to have loads of info and not have to ask more questions. I'll be away from my pc for about 45 minutes....have to go pick up my son....but I'll check when I get back. Good luck!
    Twitter? My Apps List

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

jonalter -- go to control panel>add/remove programs

see if you have TWO listed apps for blackberry.
    1) desktop manager
    2) device software specific to your device

if you do not have two, then go back and install the device software. simply having it on your machine will not work.
    also, if you do all this, and it still doesn't work, i would UNinstall desktop manager and install this version here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...age_guide.html

Thanks Cherri......I was hoping someone with more ideas would jump in. Jonalter, are you having any luck?
    Twitter? My Apps List

hey sorry for bailing on you guys, ive just been really busy and i still am so i wont be able to work on this for now but thank you so much for your help so far. when i try again ill post or PM you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12