Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay well, I put the color pearl app. on my phone and it worked fine. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jonalter no está en línea Stack level 1

Help with 8100 themes

Advertisement

Okay well, I put the color pearl app. on my phone and it worked fine. Then I wanted the iPhone app., and when I went to put that on I got a message saying, "No additional applications designed for your device were found." I took the color pearl app. off and tried it and now I can't get the color pearl back on my phone, and I'm getting the same message. I don't know what to do because I'm doing the same thing, and I have the 8100 pearl, and I know it for a fact so idk whats wrong. Please PM me because I'm new to the forum and I'll probably forget where I posted this lol. Thanks.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Help with 8100 themes

Did you use the desktop manager to add the color pearl app, or did you download it OTA?

The message you are getting usually comes from only having the Desktop Manager installed on your PC but notthe device software which is also needed in order to use the Desktop Manager to add applications through the Application Loader.

Let us know how you are loading them, OTA or Desktop Manager.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Also, when you are able, please update your profile so we'll your OS version, Carrier, etc. It will enable people to get you faster and more accurate help Welcome to Pinstack!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Desktop...sorry, I'll update

and i'm not sure what OS i have never really paid attention to all that i just wanted the iPhone app and the color pearl app

Sorry to leave you hangin, I was doing a bunch of cooking. OK here's a few things to check out. I'm a little perplexed that you downloaded the color pearl app through the desktop manager's app loader but then got that message "no additional applications found..." when trying to install a theme. But start here:

1. Connect your Bb to the PC and open the Desktop manager. Click on Help>About Blackberry Desktop Manager>Device Software....tell me what version OS is there (something like 4.3.0.81) or if this is blank

2. Check your phone's OS click on Options>About.....this will list what version and platform your phone is running on...it's important so put that info in your profile here, this OS version should match the one found in step 1.

3. Verify that the theme you downloaded is meant for the 8100 series of BBs, one for an 8310 for example won't work on your BB

4. Make sure that you unzipped the theme file to your desktop or whatever folder you are keeping them in, you can't load a zipped file on your BB. Once unzipped, you should see a file with .alx at the end, that's the one you want to add through the Application Loader in Desktop Manager

Verify that these have been tried and let us know if it is confirmed that the device OS is on your PC (step 1).

If the device OS is on the PC, the theme is meant for the 8100, and it's been unzipped and you still get this same message, then let us know and we'll try more steps.

Also, you can set up your profile here to email you everytime you get a response to a thread you start, or just go to your profile, view all posts and that will help you find this again if needed, or save it to your favorites.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Alright, well I updated my profile again, and i tried everything but it still wont work. I have the evaluation version of winzip, and i opened the file with it and still have no luck. Dumb. Btw, thanks for your help so far.

In post number 6 here, step # 1, what version of the device software is on your PC......following step #1 exactly? Please tell me the exact version on your PC.

Also did you confirm that the theme is definitely meant for an 8100?

Have you tried downloading anything else new to see if it's just that theme file that's bad? Or are you totally unable to download anything now?
    Twitter? My Apps List

I have version 4.2.0.14 (August 27 2006). I went to the 8100 themes on this site and i've tried many, and they all give me the same message. Before i try to add the app. theres a message thing in the box where it shows what applications are there.

guess you can't read it but incase you didnt already know what it said, "The Blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you ahve connected to the computer." I didnt think that was normal...

OK I belkieve that's the problem, the OS on your BB and the device OS loaded on your PC should be the same.

edit: your profile says OS 4.2.1.107 but on the PC it's 4.2.0.14
    Twitter? My Apps List

yeah the OS on my phone is 4.2.1.107 and the one on my PC is 4.2.0.14...so first of all which one do i put in my profile

and second of all, does this mean it wont work now?

This should bring you to the latest version of T-mobile's BB software for your device, just download it to your pc......I'm not sure if you need to delete the old one first or if the new one will over-ride it. I'll try to find out. Anyway, the one on your phone is correct, just need to get the correct one on the PC

http://www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade/BB...1-E1F1DC91BC0D
    Twitter? My Apps List

The only desktop manager version they have is 4.2.2.14...
    -------
    should i try it anyway?
    Last edited by Jonalter; 02-24-2008 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Automerged.

you need device software, not the desktop manager software, look for the one for the 8100 "device" ....that needs to be downloaded to the pc
    Twitter? My Apps List

okay so i'm downloading the device software but im not sure why cause it says its version 4.2.1.107 and thats already on my phone. idk maybe im missing something and i probably look like a big idioit...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast