Hello! I am new to the Blackberry community, and I am still trying to figure ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

am_torres3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242F7E55

Question Help... Warning?

Advertisement

Hello!

I am new to the Blackberry community, and I am still trying to figure out everything my BB Pearl can offer me. Through other posts I have received shortcuts (Amazing... Thank You!), and a download for streaming radio stations. Now, I went ahead with the download for streaming the radio from mfradio sourceforge website, and I received a warning sign in my event log when I went to go practice the new shortcuts and delete the history. Is this normal, or what should I do? Are there certain security measures I should follow when downloading or browsing sites through my BB? Any tips would greatly be appreciated, since I am new to the BB!

Thank you in advance!
    Angie M. Torres

MSN: phillyzeyez4u@hotmail.com
    AIM: msu3spr02

PIN: 242F7E55
    eMail: am_torres3@tmo.blackberry.net

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Help... Warning?

I worried about warnings too when I first started checking my log, but have discovered simply opening my BB browser creates a warning "W net.rim.browser - Bisb". I've done some google searching, even called my provider to try to find out what some of the warnings mean(spent 20 minutes on hold just to have a CSR do a google search just like I did ) I didn't get far.

Anyway I came to this conclusion, the warnings are not critical. I have however checked the log after my BB acts funny and have seen Bold Typed errors and severe errors (after the media player has a problem opening a video etc.)...those are signs of a problem and would be usefull to a person in tech support maybe trying to help troubleshoot if the problems were persistant.

I'm certainly no expert, and if someone else can shed a little more light that would be great.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

am_torres3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242F7E55

Re: Help... Warning?

No expert... it's so hard to believe that! You seem to know more than me, and I appreciate your reply!

I was planning on contacting my provider today, and I guess the best thing to do is to always keep my cache, history, cookies and logs cleared; if I notice something out of the ordinary I will definitely take your advice and seek out a technical support rep.

Thanks once again for the reply and advice!
    Angie M. Torres

MSN: phillyzeyez4u@hotmail.com
    AIM: msu3spr02

PIN: 242F7E55
    eMail: am_torres3@tmo.blackberry.net