Please if someone could help me... I have downloaded several themes to my laptop but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ChanelNumber1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    21241EB4

Question Help! Trouble downloading themes to my pearl 8130

Advertisement

Please if someone could help me... I have downloaded several themes to my laptop but my BlackBerry Desktop Manager will not let me put the themes onto my pearl I keep getting an error message saying no applications were found. So if anyone has any ideas... I would be ever so grateful!!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Help! Trouble downloading themes to my pearl 8130

Quote Originally Posted by ChanelNumber1 View Post
    Please if someone could help me... I have downloaded several themes to my laptop but my BlackBerry Desktop Manager will not let me put the themes onto my pearl I keep getting an error message saying no applications were found. So if anyone has any ideas... I would be ever so grateful!!
    alittle more info please. Do you have the correct software (OS) installed on the pc? What version of desktop manager/handheld software are you using? The themes that you are trying to load, are they written for the OS that you are using?

PIN/ID
    21241EB4

I do have the most current OS downloaded to my laptop but the other things I'm not sure about! Sorry I'm so new to this... I've only had my BB for a week!

I do have the most current OS downloaded to my laptop but the other things I'm not sure about! Sorry I'm so new to this... I've only had my BB for a week!
    No problem. On the desktop manager select help, about DM and it should tell you your version. As far as the themes, where did you get them?

PIN/ID
    21241EB4

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    No problem. On the desktop manager select help, about DM and it should tell you your version. As far as the themes, where did you get them?
    The DM version is 4.3.0.15. The themes I got them all from threads off of pinstack!

The DM version is 4.3.0.15. The themes I got them all from threads off of pinstack!
    when you go into the application loader and get to the device application selection window, there is no software showing up at all? This is where it gives you the error?

PIN/ID
    21241EB4

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    when you go into the application loader and get to the device application selection window, there is no software showing up at all? This is where it gives you the error?
    The applications show up in the folder but when I select them an error message pops up that says that no applications designed for my device were found.

The applications show up in the folder but when I select them an error message pops up that says that no applications designed for my device were found.
    if the Handheld software shows up under the device application selection and when you add the theme you get the error then the theme is not written for your OS/Phone

No additional applications designed for your device were found

Doc ID : KB12735
    Last Modified : 2007-05-09
    Document Type : Support

Problem

When installing applications on a BlackBerry device, the following error message appears:
    Cause

This error message displays when you try to install an application that is either not compatible with your BlackBerry device or already installed on your BlackBerry device.

Resolution

To resolve this issue, ensure the application you are trying to install is compatible with your BlackBerry device and that it is not already installed on your BlackBerry device.

When people create themes they write them for a specific OS/Phone and if you try and load it, and it is not for your OS, you will get errors. Hope it helps.

If it gives you the error as soon as you get to the device application selection window and no software shows up.

Unable to install third-party applications on the BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2.2 or 4.3

Doc ID : KB14450
    Last Modified : 2007-12-13
    Document Type : Support

Environment
    • BlackBerry® 8820 smartphone
    • BlackBerry® Curve™ 8310 smartphone
    • BlackBerry® Curve™ 8320 smartphone
    • BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8130 smartphone
    • BlackBerry® Desktop Manager 4.2.2 and 4.3
    • SDR148444

Problem

When attempting to install a third-party application on the BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2.2 or 4.3, the following error is received after selecting the .alx file for the application:

Cause

The version of loader.exe included with the BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2.2 or 4.3 installation CD, does not support the following BlackBerry smartphone models:
    • BlackBerry 8130 smartphone
    • BlackBerry 8310 smartphone
    • BlackBerry 8320 smartphone
    • BlackBerry 8820 smartphone

Resolution

Download the latest version of the BlackBerry® Device Software to the computer, and then install it to your BlackBerry smartphone.
    Note: To find the latest BlackBerry® Device Software, visit http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp.

PIN/ID
    21241EB4

I will try those solutions! Thank You!!!!