Hi, I have an 8100 Pearl and am getting the new 8120 Pearl today and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Help Transferring from one BB to Another

Advertisement

Hi, I have an 8100 Pearl and am getting the new 8120 Pearl today and I wanted to know if you can transfer themes and 3rd party app from the 8100 to the 8120? How would I go about doing that and can it be done?

I tried using the device wizard to do this from my 8320 to my husbands 8320 and I could not get it to transfer the apps over. What was I doing wrong. I also tried it using the sync as well. Any help or a point in the right direction would be appreciated. Thnx

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    yes you can. on you dm .i just did this today transfered from a 8100 to a 8300 for the most part everything went over 3rd party and all.

I wonder what I was doing wrong? Can you explain how you did it? Is there a thread with the directions? Thnx for the reply

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    what i did was went to desktop man. there is a switch from one bb to another click on it. it should tell you everything. it did for me

Hmmm, well I did that, so I guess I will have to try it again and see if it will work.

puppylove no está en línea Stack level 2
    The switch device wizard should do it for you. I just did it from 8100 to 8320 but 3d-part aps that are licensed to a specific PIN won't transfer.

sender no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C1561
    I just did this yesterday and everything transferred over except my xPlayer playlists.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    did you try a selective restore?
    i have never had issues with the switch device wizard either but have had issues when upgrading/downgrading of losing 3rd party apps.

I did it! No problems at all, and even the bPlay themes that I bought have transfered over (crossbar, I thought that would be a goner) Everything is working great. I'm LOOOVVVIINNGG the 8120 right now.. Thanks everyone!