So last night I decided to take out my trackball and take it apart because ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rozzy9 no está en línea Stack level 3

Help Trackball

Advertisement

So last night I decided to take out my trackball and take it apart because it wasn't working properly and I needed to clean the lint off the rollers. But now I can't get it back in! I go to put it back together but it doesn't fit in the phone now? :S I looked at other threads... no help to me. Can somebody help me?!?

rob0289 no está en línea Stack level 2
    well i dont know how to help lol! all I can say is to try different ways and look at fourms with pics to relate to how you toke it apart and try to put it together... again lol, sorry if this isnt helping lol

iheartmybb22 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask :)
    If you've tried everything, I think the only thing I can tell you is to get a new trackball. =/ That same thing happened to me a couple of months back and I ended up getting a new one because the little silver thingy broke and it wouldn't fit in the phone.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    HERE is the link/thread you need...but I think you may have checked it out already. if not, then there you go!!

If you have and you still can't get it to fit, then I think it's time for a new trackball assembly. Check HERE, $8.99 for a new one..not bad

D4ddy20 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the same problem from time to time, and during the first disassembly of my pearl I took care to see how parts went together as taking them apart. I was held up in the spot you seem to be in, there are notches on two of the sides of the trackball housing that fit back into front frame of phone. I personally had to apply slight pressure for it to snap in place.

On side note, I found cleaning trackball magnets with a baby wipe was really efficient.

Hope my rambling helped somewhat lol

chrisbfied no está en línea Stack level 1
    Have you checked if your putting it in right? How many pieces is it in I know how reassemble them