I'll give you my initial problem 1st....about a year ago i used to just press ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3

HELP-Time zone hiccup when traveling

Advertisement

I'll give you my initial problem 1st....about a year ago i used to just press the 1 button on my 8100 to go into my voicemail. Then I always have to enter my password because I'm considered to be roaming since my number is a boston number and i now live in california...anyhow, one day i entered my phone number and i got through my voicemail without any passwords so i've used that step ever since...now recently i flew to the east coast and back and noticed 2 things....

1. my calendar didn't update and stayed on the same date even after the clock said 12am. (not a big deal, i changed it manually.)
    2. the " shortcut" i previously used for accesing my voicemail has resorted to asking me for my password even after i disabled the password protection. basically, in the past by inputing my phone number the phone was "tricked" into thinking i wasn't roaming. then when i traveled back to the point of origin it must have caught on...and now by pressing the number 1 for my voicemail that number is invalid for some reason, and i'm back to dialing my own number and password to access it....

has anyone heard of this glitch, and what did you do to fix it?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    in regards to the timezone that seems to be a glitch, where you manually have to change it
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

no, i'm talking about the voicemail number glitch, in that the number 1 on the phone is no longer a working number and the shortcut i use to use for voicemail is back to thinking i'm roaming again.

Dvl636_BB no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me ;)
    In ur speeddial list, what phone # is prog'd for the 1 key? U may need to call ur carrier and ask what # u should be using to access ur VM without needing a PW. HTH

~via BB 8100: Red (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Dvl636_BB View Post
    In ur speeddial list, what phone # is prog'd for the 1 key? U may need to call ur carrier and ask what # u should be using to access ur VM without needing a PW. HTH

well, it's the voicemail number that comes with the phone, which used to work but not anymore...don't no what PW or HTH is so you'll have to elaborate. (i was never big on shortcuts or acronyms for texting.)

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    VM = Voicemail
    PW = Password
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

well, i guess i'll have to call t-mobile.

Dvl636_BB no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me ;)
    HTH = hope that helps/helped
    Sorry 'bout that..... Any news?

Quote Originally Posted by Dvl636_BB View Post
    HTH = hope that helps/helped
    Sorry 'bout that..... Any news?

well, it's been awhile but i stumbled on a solution just recently...by testing a blu tooth device i used the voice command to call my voicemail and to my surprise it worked fine. i noticed in the call log that it was a different number than the initial voicemail number that was assigned to button 1. i guess t-mobile changed the number and cancelled the other without warning....needless to say, i'm back in business
    Last edited by Optimus; 11-30-2008 at 02:10 AM.