i travel quite a bit and noticed that everytime i change my time zone to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

masteryeoda no está en línea Stack level 2

help: time zone display for pearl

Advertisement

i travel quite a bit and noticed that everytime i change my time zone to wherever i am, the calendar automatically updates itself. this is what i mean:

let's say i am on pst going to est (3 hour difference). from my outlook, i have an appointment at 3pm est. but upon arrival at est, i change my pst time display to est, which is 3 hours ahead. my 3pm est appointment automatically becomes 6pm.

is there a way to prevent this from happening? or to simply allow a display of multiple time zones?

thanx!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    This is the way the Outlook and the BB both work. You need to make the conversion manually when entering the event. Create the appointment for the time in your home time zone that it will take place. This feature is great if you are doing a lot of teleconferencing across timezones, as Outlook will automatically update the appointment time when you change the time zone.

I think the newer versions of Outlook have the option to set time zones in the appointment itself but can't check right now as I'm not at work.

Hope this help
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

masteryeoda no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: help: time zone display for pearl

i think there isnt a way to fix the time on the calendar as you move through time zones. the best way is to label the time zone of the appointment. so that it'll adjust as you travel. i sure wish it will be fixed so i can easily trace what i did on hindsight or what im expected to do beforehand

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

masteryeoda,

The problem with what you want will really mess up anyone who uses Outlook and the Blackberry the way they are meant to be. I for one don't want it changed, because if it is, I will have a lot of problems, both when i travel, but more importantly when on travel and doing teleconferences over multiple time zones. I would never know when to call in. You just have to realize that if you keep your Time Zone set to where you actually are, your appointments will show the correct time.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    This is the way the Outlook and the BB both work. You need to make the conversion manually when entering the event. Create the appointment for the time in your home time zone that it will take place. This feature is great if you are doing a lot of teleconferencing across timezones, as Outlook will automatically update the appointment time when you change the time zone.

I think the newer versions of Outlook have the option to set time zones in the appointment itself but can't check right now as I'm not at work.

Hope this help
    Rcbjr.
    yes rcbjr, outlook does allow you to view different time zones on your calendar. its an awesome tool when dealing with several offices in multiple time zones. would be a cool addition to the bb calendar!