Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello, I have just purchased a Blackberry pearl 8120 through ATT a week ago with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

m4dallav no está en línea Stack level 1

Help! Themes (how to install/load)

Advertisement

Hello, I have just purchased a Blackberry pearl 8120 through ATT a week ago with desktop manager v4.3.0.91 and I was wondering how do I go from downloading a theme in an .cod or .alx and load to the BB desktop manager and then place on the phone? Also is this software the latest and do I need an additional program to load and view themes?
    Thanks- Matt

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Here are links to a couple threads that should help. If you still run into trouble, post back with your exact problem or error and someone will help you out......Welcome to Pinstack!!

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=31887

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=59204

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=46506
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I tryed to load this theme: http://www.blackberrythemes.net/Blac...hone_8100.aspx when I tryed to load it through blackberry desktop manager it said no additional applications designed for your device were found and I followed the instructions on the links you posted.
    Thanks - Matt

On your computer, go to Control Panel and then to Add/remove Programs.....how many are olisted for Blackberry? There should be 2, one says Desktop Software and the other should say Handheld or Device software........do you have both installed on your PC?
    Twitter? My Apps List

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    You alson need to download and install your OS version to your pc before you are able to load themes.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I only have the BB desktop manager on my computer how and where to I get the OS download? Thanks

Here's a link for you:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

Select the one that says 8120, download it and run it then try to add your theme again. If you still have trouble...post back and we'll help you out.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Thank you, however I have ATT I only see TM for the 8120 so what should I do?

Also, I don't know if you've been through this yet or not, but the first time I did I almost freaked out so I'll tell you ahead of time. After you load the new theme....your BB will restart itself. The red LED will come on, your screen will be black, then the light will shut off and your screen will be white with an hourglass for a few minutes. Don't push any buttons or disconnect it from the USB cable untill it comes back on.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Select the one that says 8120, not sure why it says (TM) ...but as you keep going through the screens, it keeps saying AT&T at the top

Confirm that the OS versions match......on your BB, go to Options/About look for the software version numbers..........it should match the download version, Software applications version 4.3.0.91, Platform 2.6.0.52
    Twitter? My Apps List

I downloaded the OS for the PC but it still says error no additional applications designed for your device were found when I tryed to load a theme. Any additional things I need to do?

Did you run it after the download? Go back in to the Control Panel/Add or Remove programs/ and make sure there are 2 listed there for BB now.......if there are...

Hook up your BB to the computer, open the Desktop Manager Application Loader, and scroll through the list of applications.....see if the theme you want to add is on the list, but just needs you to put a checkmark in the box so it can be installed.

If it's not there...then the next question would be....did you unzip/extract all the files from the theme you downloaded?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Ok I have done everything that you have said and unzipped the file however it still comes up with that error. Heres the link to the theme http://rogersmj.com/tech/blackberry/...e&mode=desktop I have no idea what I am doing wrong or why it's not working.

Do you have MSN or Yahoo messenger???
    Twitter? My Apps List

Nevermind thanks for all the help I somehow got it to load.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast