Well i was fortunate enough to win a Rogers 8100 at the Blackberry release party ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

idub0024 no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP! Speaker does not work at all.

Advertisement

Well i was fortunate enough to win a Rogers 8100 at the Blackberry release party after having my 7130g stolen but after a few days my speaker bunked out on me. All audio, ringtones, voice dial prompt, media player audio is not audible through the speaker! I can hear audio through the earpiece, on a bluetooth headest and the wired headset but not through the speaker. I have tried a hard reset, wiping the handheld, removing the battery with no success.

RIM is still figuring out the swap process for prize winners but I want my phone back up and running asap.

Anyone know if the O2 upgrade may address this issue or did i just get the bad pearl of the bunch?

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: HELP! Speaker does not work at all.

not sure if this will help have oyu tried the pulling the battery trick wait 30seconds put it back in.

Maybe that can help.

tried that already too

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Since you have done a hard reset and wiped the handheld reloaded the OS ,I dont think a different OS will help. The speaker should work with any Pearl OS, it sounds like the speaker went bad.

anyone know if this is a common issue? im thinking of trading my 8100 for an 8700 instead now

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by idub0024
    anyone know if this is a common issue? I'm thinking of trading my 8100 for an 8700 instead now
    Not a common issue at all. But trade if you want.

Try the battery reboot procedure a few times, not just once.

Make sure you volume is turned up pressing the button on the right side repeatedly.

Go into sound profiles and try a few different settings.

Also, when trying the ringers, try different ones. If you are not getting any sound samples of each ringer, then something is up.

I know someone who dropped his Pearl on to a floor. No damage whatsoever, except his speaker went completely dead, although he could hear callers.

He did the battery reset and all sound was restored.

So maybe there is something that can upset the OS instructions related to sound, such as a jolt?

hail to san francisco pearl guru!!! i thought id give it one last ditch effort ... i did a manual power down through the berry menu and repeatedly removed the battery and re input it in abt 5 - 6 times .. went into media player played a vid ... no sound ... toggled volume down key to zero and then on the way back up my SOUND reappeared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im ecstatic but at the same time now should i still consider getting my unit swapped again as i may be prone to this issue again?

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~very glad to hear this issue got cleared up. WTG SF with the extra effort and encouragement.

Sweet stuff.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by idub0024
    hail to san francisco pearl guru!!! i thought id give it one last ditch effort ... i did a manual power down through the berry menu and repeatedly removed the battery and re input it in abt 5 - 6 times .. went into media player played a vid ... no sound ... toggled volume down key to zero and then on the way back up my SOUND reappeared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im ecstatic but at the same time now should i still consider getting my unit swapped again as i may be prone to this issue again?
    I think it was your volume key. Sometimes the volume appears "full blast" but it is actually low.

And since you were playing a video, some converted formats [e.g., my 3GP Super C conversions] have lag. I noticed with those conversions the volume indicated full blast, but the volume was actually really low.

Try this video and see how the controls work when playing a video.

Also, the video file you had could have goofed up the OS volume controls elsewhere on the phone. That happened to me. Had to do a reboot.

You may not want to play that video again and invest in that $15 program I recommend.

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/c...cclaptonBB.avi

i was in fact playing the preloaded blackberry vid all the time when i tried tinkering with the sound... i did a wipe and still didnt work? it wasnt just video when it was messed up too ... it was all ringtones, voice dial prompt everything ... whats this 15$ program u speak of?

AF1985 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204eedf

how do you do a manual power down through the berry menu?

-phase- no está en línea Stack level 1

what does a battery reboot do?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by -phase-
    what does a battery reboot do?
    It'll reboot your blackberry (sort of like rebooting your computer when it freezes). It also will clean up and restore some active memory.

-phase- no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    It'll reboot your blackberry (sort of like rebooting your computer when it freezes). It also will clean up and restore some active memory.
    when it turns back on after, the red status light verifies i've done the reboot correctly right?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Just the act of removing the battery for a minimum of 30 seconds reboots the BB.