in my SMS Inbox, where the sender's name is supposed to be disaplyed, their phone ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

thatkellychick no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP!! SMS Display won't show the sender's name

Advertisement

in my SMS Inbox, where the sender's name is supposed to be disaplyed, their phone number comes up instead, even though the sender is in my contacts list. It's really annoying not knowing who the SMS is from if you don't know the number off the top of you head.

how do i fix it?

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Do you have the contacts phone number stored as +12223334444
    Where 1 is the country code, 222 is the area code 333 is the first part of the number and 4444 is the remainder of the #?

flyychik05 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Open any txt message in your phone. Highlight the number at the very top with your cursor and press the menu button. You should see an option that says "Show name". From now own, anytime you receive a text message, it should show their names in the inbox. Hope that helps!

flyychik05 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Or if that doesn't work, try this! Go to Messages, press menu>Options> General Options. Then where is says "Display Name", make sure it is set as Yes.

speed_boy_21 no está en línea Stack level 1
    How to resolve this is.

Press the green phone button like you are going to make a call. Hit the blackberry button and scroll to options. Then select smart Dialing.

In the top option where is says country code put you country dialing code i.e in england it is +44.

Save this and then your names will appear on the SMS messages and will continue to.

Kev.