Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I read in a few places before you can close a program instead of just ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

b0ldfacelies no está en línea Stack level 2

Help simple question

Advertisement

I read in a few places before you can close a program instead of just the regular way by hitting the end button. The last two days my battery has been going really fast and this surprises me. Like I am texting on it a lot but not near as much as others and at the end of the day I have about 2-1 bar left. So will closing all the programs help this? If so how do I do it? Also any other tips?
    Thanks

bendite no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Help simple question

I am not sure but I am eating up the battery the last couple of days. I left the house this morning about 6am with a full charge and I just got home and it was warning me of a "low battery". I did use it alot for email today but not more than an hour of talk time.

What gives?

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yes, closing apps will definitely help. To see what's open click the alt key, then click the back arrow key just to the right of the trackball. Be sure to keep holding the alt key. Using the trackball, you can scroll through the list of open apps. You obviously can't close the OS items like phone and address book, but the rest you can. Click the app icon to open the app. Then hold the back arrow key, to close, or click the trackball, and when them menu opens, there may be an option to close or end the app.
    Hope this helps!

ernestdefoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218D1F76

I didn't know that bit of info thanks for the tio on that.

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

If you have Bluetooth on all the time, this can suck up battery life a lot too. You might consider just turning on Bluetooth for when you need it, especially if you're not a heavy phone user.

I never turned on bluetooth or even set it up so unless its on by default I don't think thats been on.

Quote Originally Posted by squished18
    If you have Bluetooth on all the time, this can suck up battery life a lot too. You might consider just turning on Bluetooth for when you need it, especially if you're not a heavy phone user.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    Yes, closing apps will definitely help. To see what's open click the alt key, then click the back arrow key just to the right of the trackball. Be sure to keep holding the alt key. Using the trackball, you can scroll through the list of open apps. You obviously can't close the OS items like phone and address book, but the rest you can. Click the app icon to open the app. Then hold the back arrow key, to close, or click the trackball, and when them menu opens, there may be an option to close or end the app.
    Hope this helps!
    I tried doing that and I opened the list of open apps. Then I clicked the App icon (holding alt and without holding alt) I hold the back button and it just goes away like regular and didnt close it when I look back at the apps list. I tried going to the full menu (on blackberry messanger for example) and I hit close at very bottom and it just closes it like regular again. Please help me a little bit more. They are not properly closing.

...please help.

Which applications are you trying to close? Some applications like Phone and Messages won't close (as far as I'm aware).

The browser, games, blackberry messanger, camera, media, basically whatever I don't need open

OK, I'm just going to try one at a time. Let's take the camera. When you use the Application Switcher (ALT + BACK), do you see the camera application in the list of open applications?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

The Browser and Blackberry Messenger will not close using the Escape Key. I don't know about Media and Camera but the games should have close or exit feature that does shut them down.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Please tell me one more time in more detail how to close a program because none of these are closing

I just thought of something. One possibility is that you are pressing the END key to exit a program instead of pressing the EXIT key.

The END key is coloured red.
    The EXIT key is the one that has a curved arrow printed on it.

Are you pressing the END key or the EXIT key when you wish to close a program?

Thank you! I was hitting the wrong one. I just would use the arrow one to go back and the red one to close it. I feel stupid. Thanks a lot though! Hope that helps my battery!

Quote Originally Posted by squished18
    I just thought of something. One possibility is that you are pressing the END key to exit a program instead of pressing the EXIT key.

The END key is coloured red.
    The EXIT key is the one that has a curved arrow printed on it.

Are you pressing the END key or the EXIT key when you wish to close a program?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast