Since today the little sand clock timer is on and off every second. As under ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

amenasce no está en línea Stack level 1

Question HElp : Sand Clock on every second ???

Advertisement

Since today the little sand clock timer is on and off every second. As under windows , it slows down everything . Any idea what is causing this ? Its as if the Pearl was receiving emails continuously ...

A real pain in the ***.

BTW, i lose all my emails/sms every day . They are never saved for more than a few hours...

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: HElp : Sand Clock on every second ???

I'd take out the battery (reset). Check the amount of free memory you have before that (Options-Status). I bet it's way low (normal is more than 15mb out of the box).
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

courtlandre no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF64F9

Quote Originally Posted by amenasce
    Since today the little sand clock timer is on and off every second. As under windows , it slows down everything . Any idea what is causing this ? Its as if the Pearl was receiving emails continuously ...

A real pain in the ***.

BTW, i lose all my emails/sms every day . They are never saved for more than a few hours...
    Yeah, sounds like you are low on memory and so the device trys to free some up by deleting things and is slow because it has to move data around to get to what you want. Transfer any pictures you might have in memory to a computer and delete them from your BB.

amenasce no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
    I'd take out the battery (reset). Check the amount of free memory you have before that (Options-Status). I bet it's way low (normal is more than 15mb out of the box).
    Awesome, it worked !

Do you have any idea why the BB is losing all my mails/sms after a few hours ? The first days it used to save them but now it seems to reset every 3/5 hours .

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Same Reason, running low on memory and deleting the messages so that new ones can be received. You might want to delete all your unused Language Support modules to free up more space.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Mp55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4903f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yes this is all a memory problem.there is a thread somewhere on the forum that explains good ways to clear up a lot of memory. I'm not sure where it is but a simple search will probably find it. Hope that helps.

-MP

trianglesound no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Please Help

MY BLACKBERRY PEARL 8100 has the sand clock showing every second and I tried all the following:
    -Removing the battery and sim card and putting them again
    -deleted pictures and all emails-...
    and still not being able to receive emails...Even after sending "SERVICE BOOKS"

PLEASE HELP

mattbrody no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2111E9AA
    mine its the same.. actualy when i try to access the memory card takes for ever.. i do have 2 leguages and over 15mb (actualy 17mb), my os is 4.2.107... does any one know why does it gets slow?

feels to me that the more you use your Blackberry, the more it gets tired.. jajaja

abdulberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Sandclock with no access to the menu

Hi all,

All of a sudden , my new Pearl 8100 from T-Mobile which is less than 2 weeks old , gave me the sandclock and i cant access anything, its like hybernating or something.....after reading some questions and etc..i understand that i have to upgrade "Firmware " .

Please guys tell me whats going on keeping in my mind i am new user so i dont know much ! and let me know what i should do , which version should i install.

One more thing its from T-Mobile and as far as i know, its unblocked , i hope this wont be the problem.

UrRuX no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi guys, i have the same problem since yesterday. I tried deleting files, rebooting, service books but nothing worked. I read in a forum that Applications might be the problem so i went to Desktop manager and Uninstalled Facebook and PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Downloaded facebook and installed it again and is working as always.!

jomby no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    I've had the hourglass problem for the last two days. Had posted the question on Crackberry and this is what I got today. I tried cleaning up the Switch Apps, found I had Phone icon, deleted it and the hourglass is gone. YAY!

I had also deleted Facebook-but that was not the answer.

Anyway....try checking and deleting in Switch App as described below.

This is one of three things:

- you are in a poor signal area
    - there is a program runnng that is continually hitting the CPU
    - There really is a fault in the hardware

Signal strenth is ieesential to battery life. In poor signal areas the phone tries harder and more often to contact a mast. This drains the battery like no other way.

From the Applicatins Desktop press Menu and scroll to Switch Apllications. Running should be Call Log, Home Screen, Browser and Messages. If there is anything else running, selest it and close it with Menu, Close.

Hardware fault: try to get a replacement phone.

It may also be worth trying a battery pull - I am sure that you have already done that. Finally you could reload the OS or upgrade it to a later version.