I know I will probably get flamed to the point of brcoming a hunk of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JLHowser no está en línea Stack level 1

Help Please, Read Reciept

Advertisement

I know I will probably get flamed to the point of brcoming a hunk of charcoal, but here it goes.

After looking for the past 45 minutes on this website I can not find a way to send email from my Pearl with the option of getting a "Read Reciept". I am using BES with Outlook Exchange.

Go ahead and flame away, but if this is available, please send a link to instructions.

Also, in profiles, you can set to "Use Active profileexcept for important calls" How does one make a call important, or not?

Once again, I know it's coming, FLAME AWAY....

Thanks,

J-

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Help Please, Read Reciept

jl welcome to the stacks. and on the note of flaming that doesn't happen unless you were to ask "how do I plug in the usb charger?". you have a legit question, and someone smarter than myself should be along to help you. just wanted to let you know we are all a helpful bunch and enjoy a thank you after helping. thats all.
    welcome again
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Welcome, JLHOWSER

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Just wanted to bump this.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

As far as I know the only option you get while composing a new email is setting the Importance Level.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Placing read receipt on an email sent from the BlackBerry on an Exchange BES is not an option.

As well, if someone has placed read receipt on an email sent to you, and it becomes marked as read on the BlackBerry, a receipt is automatically generated and sent to the sender.

JLHowser no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you all. I guess I could always use the <confirm> option in the subject line, but it sort of looks tacky. I have already set this up in my Auto text options as by typing xx it converts to <confirm>. In theory I know this is not a read reciept, but d delivery to the BB is just as good I guess.

Either way, THANK YOU ALL for your insight.

Jamie-

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

JLHowser, Welcome to PinStack.

Also, in profiles, you can set to "Use Active profileexcept for important calls" How does one make a call important, or not?
    There is or was a preloaded Exception labled Important Calls on your BB Profiles Page. To mark a Phone Call, or at least all calls from a given contact. Edit that exception and add the Contact you want noted a Important Calls.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

MrGolf no está en línea Stack level 2

You will have to set the "read receipt" option directly on the exchange server for your email account. I haven't yet tried it with gmail, yahoo, etc. But I know I'm fairly certain that it can be set on an individual user basis on the server.