Gday I have recently got a 8120 from overseas and need to find a site ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Mrknee no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Help please need to find a firmware for 8120

Advertisement

Gday I have recently got a 8120 from overseas and need to find a site to download the firmware as the wifi does not now search properly. I need the australian version if there is one. Could any one please help me. Thank you

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    This link has the newest OS links, just look under the 8120 section, there are several there, not sure if the one you are looking for is, but the list is pretty complete I think.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...r_29jan08.html
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Mrknee no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello thank you for the link to the files. Unfortunately I have downloaded that version and all it seems to do is install the desktop manager and does not reinstall the firmware on the phone. Does any one have any ideas to help me please. Thank you

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I've got a couple ideas for you,

1. Many of these links offer downloads for the desktop software and for the device OS. Make sure you chooses the device OS. Some carriers call it, device software, some call it handheld software, some list it by model number. I was not sure which one you were trying to get it from so I'm not sure how they word it.

2. If in the past you have downloaded a previous device OS version to your PC, you need to delete that one first then download and run the new one. If there are 2 device OSs on the PC, I belivev the Desktop Manager will default to the original one....so remove the old one.

3. Also, if you are updating your device with software for another carrier other than the one you are currently using, you need to delete the vender .xml file. Check out the thread below that discusses this:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

I hope this helps, post if you still have trouble.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4