Hi! Forgive what may be a very simple question to answer, but I have a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

LimeGreeny no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Help Please! Mystery Symbol!!

Advertisement

Hi! Forgive what may be a very simple question to answer, but I have a symbol on my 8100 that I do not understand, and cannot find in any manual. It appears right at the top of the screen in the middle, above the time. It looks like a little globe, with a figure 1 next to it. So I have an unactioned something but what? It's not an E-mail, appointment, SMS, Blackberry Messenger Message etc. etc. I've been through the manual, and Googled it - but can't find a reference to this symbol anywhere. Please someone put me out of my misery!!! Thanks in advance!!

zerodayz no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: Help Please! Mystery Symbol!!

It's a PIN message I think.

Its been sent to your BB device ID rather than from an external network such as an SMS.

Most of mine are Spam, as no-one knows my PIN.

zerodayz

ChibiPanda no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F3A96F

Re: Help Please! Mystery Symbol!!

The little Globe with a '1' next to it.. For me it's whenever i select "Remind me later" or whatever (I really don't remember it right now) in the BB browser. When you have a low/no data transfer, it pops up a message and there's two options "OK" and the other one. The other option sends you a text that reminds you that you wanted to go to some specific website but couldn't for said reason. It's just basically a reminder.

That's for me anyways. (I know i'm not making sense.. Lol)

That would make sense. Next question - How do I clear it?

ChibiPanda no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F3A96F

It should be in your messages. *Globe Icon* *Web Address*. So a simple Menu>>Delete should suffice.

You Sir, are a STAR!! Thanks very much for your help! That has been driving me mad for almost two weeks!! There was a WAP Push message right down the bottom of my messages that I had not responded to!! Many thanks again!!