Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've had my pearl for a few days now and earlier today I set up ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Help Please. I'm locked out of my phone.

Advertisement

I've had my pearl for a few days now and earlier today I set up a password for my keypad lock. It was working fine until I turned my phone off on accident. I turned it back on and it wouldn't accept my password. The box I enter my password in just disappears and it stays locked. I've pulled the battery a couple of times both for a minute or two. It won't acknowledge that a password is incorrect, and I am sure I am trying the correct password. Does anybody have any idea? Is there a way I can reset it with Blackberry JDE or something?

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Help Please. I'm locked out of my phone.

Unless you're on BES, you're probably out of luck.

Yeah, I don't even have Internet yet. Not until I graduate and get me a job. But surely something can be done. I would call customer service, but i can only call 911 and they might get mad at me.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

So its not saying whether its wrong or right? Try putting in the code then hitting the enter key.

I've tried that. The password box just disappears like it's not even trying. I've tried the enter button and clicking the ball after entering the password and it gives no messages whether its correct or incorrect.
    Last edited by b_d0za; 03-11-2007 at 06:58 PM.

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

was you carefull when you typed your password i mean press twice for s etc etc because suretype is not enabled for the password and did you use capitals , because password is case sensitive , also did you use numbers and letters , this will affect the typing , i am sure you typed it correctly but just trying to narrow down the errors

It was just a real easy 4 digit number. Not a lot going on. I just had to hit the shift key then a number for each digit. Like I said it was working just fine. And I may be wrong, but I thought before it was giving me an error message when i typed in something wrong. But now nothing. It just disappears after i type anything in and hit enter or click the trackball. I've been searching with google and am running out of ideas on how to word my search. I'm finding nothing on this. Anybody have any other ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the ideas thus far.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

also be carefull because if you try to type in the wrong password 10 times it will completly wipe your bb

Rofl no está en línea Stack level 2

It might actually be the SIM card that's locked in which case you'd just have to change your SIM card.

Another thing i just realized is that when i type in my password it's not even covering it up like it's supposed to. You can see the whole password typed out across the screen.

But i'm on a friend of mines phone right now with t-mobile customer service. They redirected me to their blackberry department to see if they could help. I've got my fingers crossed.

I was on the phone with a guy in the blackberry department and he was gonna have me backup my phone with the desktop manager. Then he was going to reload the blackberry operating system to my phone is what he said. But when I connected my phone to my computer and fired up the desktop manager it asked me for my password. So I typed in my password and it connected. Then I looked down at my phone and decided to type in my password and it was working again! So then I told the customer service guy that it was working now and all was good. I guess connecting it to desktop manager kinda refreshed it or something. I'm glad it's working now. Thanks again everybody. I love this forum!!!

Has nobody else encountered this problem?? I'm not sure I want to use the password protection any more because I don't have access to my computer all the time.
    Last edited by b_d0za; 03-11-2007 at 08:20 PM.

ok that is great news , by the way what os are you using the latest one from cingular is .71 if i was you i would install this one it may save future bugs .

Mine came loaded with .64 I think? It says v4.2.0.64(Platform 2.2.0.37).

Shouldn't I go with T-mobile since I'm with T-mobile? I would hate to void the warranty of my phone. I don't know anything about their rules on this stuff so I think I'll do more research before I update to a newer opearting system.

that is true tmobile will not like it if you put another os on it but glad you got your bb working

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast