Ok i have been with cingular forever. My sister bought me a bbpearl for my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sickmunkeyz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEA7E9

Help please...getting the 3rd party games.

Advertisement

Ok i have been with cingular forever. My sister bought me a bbpearl for my b day...thats this coming wednesday. Its a tmobile phone (crap). Dont have the money at the moment to get unlock code or any friends with tmobile. Well i would like to be able to play with my phone till after holidays..spent all my money getting custody of my kids. I cant seem to find a way to get the games from the bb site without using my bb. Anyone know how i can do it? im extremely new to having a bbpearl....just came from a motorola slvr. thanks.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    welcome to pinstack. glad to hear you got your prioties straight on not spending the money to get it unlocked

anyway, are you trying to just download and save the games on your computer until you get it unlocked? or are you wanting to know if you can put games on the pearl without having it actived/unlocked?

PIN/ID
    23DEA7E9
    I want to be able to download them and install using the desktop software. i have been playing with it. Everywhere i see there is a link to the games but when i use my pc browser, it says i need to use my bb browser. Well i cant do that till my phone is unlocked so i can use my sim card from cingular. I just need a place to dl them from..

PIN/ID
    ohh your trying to download games that are OTA (over the air). you need to have activation to your phone to be able to do that.

if you go to the download section of the site towards the top, youll see a list of games that you can save and extract to your computer. then just use desktoop manager to load the .ALX file to your phone.

let me know if you need some more help

PIN/ID
    23DEA7E9
    well i did that. i tried to dl meteor crusher and it took me to list of guides and things.

PIN/ID
    23DEA7E9
    i really need to find someone i know who has tmobile.

PIN/ID
    not sure why it did that. must be an error with the site. wont know for sure until a mod jumps in.

PIN/ID
    23DEA7E9
    will i get in trouble if i ask for someone from the forums who has tmobile to help me?

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by sickmunkeyz
    will i get in trouble if i ask for someone from the forums who has tmobile to help me?
    no. but i dont see why you would need someone from tmob to help you with this. its the same steps with ANY blackberry.

PIN/ID
    23DEA7E9
    no i meant will i get in trouble for asking someone to do the tmobile unlock by calling and giving them my imei to do it for me.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    The OTA games on the Blackberry Extras site, cannot be downloaded to a PC and those that are designed for OTA are in the same boat. You need to look for the games that are created for installation using the Desktop manager. These are usually loaded on the download section in zip files, because you need at least two files, the cod file(s) that are installed and the alx file that controls the install when using the apps loader command from Desktop Manager.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles