Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi I am having a problem I've just updated my blackberry pearl 8100 to the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

grand04gt no está en línea Stack level 2

Help Please!!

Advertisement

Hi I am having a problem I've just updated my blackberry pearl 8100 to the new version 4.2.1.109 which is supposed to be the newest with Rogers but the problem is I think my cell got locked as it is unlocked and from T-Mobile. What it does is when it loads up it tells me that it's on the Rogers network but if I touch anything it turns off and the red led flashes but it will allow me to do what ever when connected to my laptop. I would really appreciate any help I don't want to have to carry my laptop with my cell everywhere I go lmfao

Re: Help Please!!

does anyone know if it's due to my phone locking I'm not sure why it works when connected to my laptop but not when I disconnect it. If it is due to my cell locking does anyone know of the unlock code or a program to unlock it?? Maybe I just have to uninstall the new OS

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Sounds like a bad OS upgrade. If your phone is unlocked from T-Mobile, it should still say T-Mobile upon booting up. I have the Rogers OS on my Pearl (which is also unlocked but STILL ON T-Mobile's network) and it boots up and still says T-Mobile. Did you delete the "vendor.xml" file from the PC before loading the OS to your BB?

What you can try to do is wipe the BB. Take the battery out. Connect to PC. Insert the battery right as the upgrade begins. Let the upgrade run its course and reboot the phone. Disconnect the phone after all this is done (should take 30 minutes but can take up to 1 hour). What comes up when the phone reboots?

Hope this helps.

the phone will only boot up once and when connected to the laptop it will allow me to do anything call text and what not but when I disconnect it it automatically goes black screen and the red led flashes. when it boots up it does say T-Mobile like it always did and it says that it's with the Rogers network. I can't take out the battery and connect it to my laptop and power it on it won't let me it tells me that there is no battery and I did delete the vendor.xml file. this is really fustrating with the new key problem that has just started where none of the keys work once and took out the battery for a few hours works fine but now when I press the trackball it acts as the QW button. maybe it's time for a new phone if so I'm not going with a blackberry this is not even 3 months old

I understand your frustration. I went thru 3 Pearls in 7 months (January, April and August) last year. Don't give up. This happens to a lot of people who post here. Keep going until you get a working device. It's worth it.

thanks for your help

You're welcome. Like I said, I've been there and done it 2 times before and so far this Pearl has done good.

Pearl #1: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...n_already.html

Pearl # 2:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._go_again.html

Oh and by the way, you should get it easily exchanged since you're still covered by the one year warranty. Good luck.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 02-23-2008 at 12:24 AM.

well unfortunately I have no one to send it to to get an new one for free I have to buy a new one out of pocket and I'm not going to buy the same deal as with this one but it's nice to see you not only stuck with it but your helping out people that are having similar problems

You can't send it back to T-Mobile? You should be able to call Customer Service, ask for PDA Support. Tell them the problem and that you did the proper troubleshooting and the device has a hardware failure.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 02-23-2008 at 12:38 AM.

I contacted tech support and they told me to download T-Mobile OS but when I go on this site and pick T-Mobile it asks me for my cell number and wants a T-Moblie cell phone number anyone know how to download the software without the cell number with T-Mobile??

ChrisAG no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b2cf00

What OS were you running prior to the upgrade? A downgrade is recommended at this point to determine whether the issue is OS support related. I'm unable to utilise my Pearl fully if I upgrade beyond 4.2.1.96 at the moment (bmobile[TSTT]).
    The joy of life is increase by sharing it with others.

right now it's 4.2.1.109 I think and I'm not sure how to downgrade or I would lol it came with 4.2.0.something

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If it works when connected to you laptop and not while disconnected, I would look at making the battery is fully charged and if that doesn't work, try a new battery. It has nothing to do with getting locked again after unlocking. I really doubt if the software installation is the cause either, but you never can be positive.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

well it worked untill I did the update so it makes me think that it's got something to do with the update

thanks for the help everyone but I'm going to scrap my pearl and go with something that lasts more than 2 months

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast