I have an 8130, installed desktop and device software, able to use application loader and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

robjoanne no está en línea Stack level 1

help please?

Advertisement

I have an 8130, installed desktop and device software, able to use application loader and media manager. Where the trouble is, is when i thought that i'd be able to read PDF files on the 8130. I downloaded beamberry and if i'm correct, it is great for opening PDF etc, etc but if and only if you receive the PDF via email. I am simply wanting to transfer PDFs directly from my PC (not by email) and keep them there to view if/when needed. I can't seem to transfer PDFs to the BB even if i could view them. any ideas?

thanks

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: help please?

I completely understand what you're talking about but have never been able to open ANY file that's just saved from the DM to the SD (or on board) memory.

Your answer is already the correct one. No go.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

that should work
    http://www.beamberry.com/

BeamBerry allows you to view documents (PDF, Word, PPT, XLS, RTF, ZIP archives) that you received as e-mail attachments or have stored on your memory card (e.g. SD card)...

do you have the latest version?
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID
    woodi68

Perhaps I misunderstood, but he's not referring to opening via an emailed document. He wants to drop the PDF files from the desktop manager and then be able to load them by opening them on the BB.

I've never been able to do it using beamberry.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

hey woods, I understood the same thing... not from email but drag-n-drop to memory card. I also understood from the above (drectly from their website) that it should work with files stored on a memory card. It didn't say saved from attachments so it should work. I've never used it and we know that things that *should* work don't always actually work...
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID
    woodi68

Hey Cliff!

I see what you're saying. Looks like the BeamBerry website is a bit confusing about this since it mentions:

BeamDisk
    Store your document attachments (unlimited disk space).
    Our software also gives you the ability to store document attachments that you receive. You can store these documents in various folders that you create, just like you would on the file system. The virtual file system, accessible via an intuitive BeamBerry file browser, gives you an unlimited storage capacity. You can transfer documents back and forth between BeamDisk, memory card and internal device memory.

That all sounds a bit weird.