I upgraded from a 7100 to the Pearl a few weeks ago. After two weeks ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

alexpearl no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP! Pearl won't turn on.

I upgraded from a 7100 to the Pearl a few weeks ago. After two weeks of use, the ringer stopped working... Cingular sent me a replacement (brand new). After two days, the phone started blinking red and now will not turn on at all. I've charged it, taken the battery and SIM card out for a few hours, but nothing works. Any advice before I return this one, too? I'm starting to get fed up with the Pearl - seems like a piece of junk after two have failed...

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: HELP! Pearl won't turn on.

Hi Alex,

Welcome to Pinstack I'm sorry you are having a bad experience with the Pearl. I myself am not very knowledgeable about the Pearl, but I know that someone will be along shortly to help you figure out what needs to be done to get you a satisfied Berry user
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

I have the Cingular Pearl and have had none of these problems. Hope you get the problems fixed!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro

When the red light stays on and nothing comes on the screen that usually means the os has failed or simply put it needs to be reinstalled.

First try to remove the battery and hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Replace the battery and hope it turns on. If not a reload of the OS may be necessary.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8

Do as Chris said above and see what happens.

If it still won't turn on, then it probably is an OS failure for some reason or another.

Think back to any programs that you may have installed prior to this happening.

Also, before this happened, did you connect it to Desktop Manager at all?

One thing you need to always be on the look out for with Desktop Manager is the last box that pops up before you install a program.

There have been instances where the DM will actually try and delete something relevant to the operating system off of the device when it is trying to add another program, so pay CLOSE attention to that final box.

If there is something questionable that it is stating it is going to remove, write down what it is trying to remove, then hit cancel and let us know what it is trying to remove.