I recently purchased a pearl from T-Mobile and requested the unlock code so that I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jeffjam no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP! Pearl "call fail" issue

Advertisement

I recently purchased a pearl from T-Mobile and requested the unlock code so that I could use in my home country. I was given the code and intsructions for unlocking which was done successfully. The problem that I am experiencing is that I have been able to connect the data side of the handheld to my provider in my home Country, however, the voice/phone side will not work. Whenever a call is attempted a "call fail" error comes up. The unit will not send or receive calls. It does say it is connected to my service provider network. I spent 2 days with them trying to correct the problem however with no luck. It would seem from the 2 days spent with them and blackberry support that because my home network is the frequency band not used by tmobile, although quad band, there is a glitch in the software that is not allowing a complete frequency switch. When I put in another sim card from another network with the same frequency as tmobile the phone works perfectly. Blackberry advised that due to the exclusivity given to tmobile, no other software is available until around December. ANYBODY WITH ANY IDEAS????? HELP!!!!!!!!

LGV2006 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: HELP! Pearl "call fail" issue

Do a search on "Rogers". There is a link to a new SW version for the Pearl. Please read the information posted by others. If you decide to upgrade your phone's firmware you do so at your own risk!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

are you sure you have a voice plan? you should check with your provider and make sure you have one

Thank you for the reply. I did a search on "rogers" but was unable o come up with any software downlaods for this phone. There are some desktop software avaialble but nothing for the instrument itself.

LGV2006, I have found the rogers software and downloaded same, but how do I load it to the phone?

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

After you download it you just install it on your PC (be sure to back up your phone just in case) after the install you find and delete the vendor.xml file on your pc and then start DM and it should tell you to update

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjam
    Thank you for the reply. I did a search on "rogers" but was unable o come up with any software downlaods for this phone. There are some desktop software avaialble but nothing for the instrument itself.
    look here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ht=rogers+8100

at that site there is a dropdown menu choose Blackberry 8100g

and don't forget to delete vendor.xml from the RIM folder... it is documented in the post mentioned by DFC

Ok found the rogers OS and downloaded it. Upgraded the phone to this new OS but still having the problem!!!!!!!!!! Where can I find teh Tmobile OS software?

Just restore the old software from your backup... otherwise go to the tmo website to get their latest firmware.